Fantasy, is the diningroom open for lunch?

summersfunnc

There is one Dining Room open for breakfast and lunch and as far as I know there is not a dress code but I would not wear a bathing suit.

I would not call it a minibar in the bedroom, they leave a few canned sodas and a bottle of water in there that you can buy. There is also an ice bucket that they will fill for you if you ask.

Swimsuits are not allowed in the dining room.

We were on Fantasy for the Bahamas cruise last year before they changed itinerary, but the dining room wasn't open every day for lunch. Also, we had a Cat 11 suite that had a fridge and I think had a minbar, but we didnt' use it. I think it had soda and some wine/beer in it.

All the Carnival ships I've been on, ONE of the dining rooms has always been open for breakfast and lunch. I've been on two Fantasy class ships, and this was the case on both. (Perhaps BND didn't check out both dining rooms for these meals?)

For b'fast and lunch only, you may wear shorts - but no swimsuits or coverups. This will be spelled out in the Capers (ship's daily newsletter). I believe they also mention this in the "Welcome Aboard" booklet you receive with your documents.:)

All the Carnival ships I've been on, ONE of the dining rooms has always been open for breakfast and lunch. I've been on two Fantasy class ships, and this was the case on both. (Perhaps BND didn't check out both dining rooms for these meals?)

For b'fast and lunch only, you may wear shorts - but no swimsuits or coverups. This will be spelled out in the Capers (ship's daily newsletter). I believe they also mention this in the "Welcome Aboard" booklet you receive with your documents.:)

I still have my Capers and the dining rooms were not not open on port days for lunch. Breakfast yes, lunch no. Cotton, I think we had this discussion a few months ago and decided it varies by ship and itinerary. A few others also said they had the same experiences.

I remember vividly because the one sea day we had lunch in the dining room it was so much better than the buffet that we even checked to see if we'd missed something the port days. We hadn't.

I have never eaten in the dining room for lunch. Now that I'm a bit older and laying out by the pool isn't much of an issue (acutally I'm not sure how I ever stood it, it's so boring!) I think I'd like to try lunch where I don't have to get up to get my own food.

Do you have to sit with others not in your party? What kind of things are served for lunch? Typical burger fare or better?

Better than just burgers. I had pasta and there was a burger on the menu. It had salads, soups, pasta, burger and desserts. It was better food than the buffet and a little more peaceful away from the pools and constant movement around the buffet area. The lunch menu varies.

The seating is by your arrival. They fill up from the rear of the dining room, just like at breakfast. You sit with whoever happens to be there. We shared a booth with a couple. The man was mad because he couldn't get a less than well done burger due to health laws. He didn't like that at all.

Archived