Taxi Availability at Buenos Aires Pier

shifty

When we were in Buenos Aires 2 years ago I recall that we checked in at the Oceania desk near the pier but had to take a shuttle bus to the ship. Next year we disembark in BA & need a taxi cab to take us to our hotel.

Does anyone know if there are taxis adjacent to the ship, or must we take a shuttle bus to where there are taxis?

Thanks.

Mike S

When we were in Buenos Aires in February of 2005 there were taxis adjacent to the Pier. As you exit the pier there was a parking lot right in the front between the stores that are right at the pier and the main street and that is where the taxis are.

Keith

As far as I know, you still must take the short shuttle bus along the pier from the ship to the terminal. They will not let you walk it for security reasons. Even using a wheelchair we had to lift the wheelchair (and my mother) into the bus (which has no lift) instead of pushing the chair down the pier.

Once you are at the terminal you will find plenty of cabs. Just be sure you get one of the correct cabs. You want a "radio controlled" cab. The staff at the pier will help you. When returning, go into a major hotel and ask them to call a radio cab for you. It is not considered safe to hail cabs on the street in BA.

As a follow-up to my initial question . . . upon final disembarkation, where is the luggage retrieved - at the pier or at the terminal? I would assume all the luggage would be brought to the terminal (where there are taxis)to avoid the necessity of carrying many suitcases on the shuttle buses. Is this correct?

Archived