Sovereign- Windjammer for Dinner

We are going on a 4 day SOS trip in November. This time, we don't want to dress for formal night. We will be going to the Windjammer for dinner. (still will wear dress slacks and blouse, DH will wear sportsjacket....kids will wear golf shirts and khakis.) Is the dinner also buffet style, or is there table service? Is the menu the same as in the dining room? We have not been on SOS yet, only the Voyager class ships on RCCL.

Thanks!

I have been on Sovereign many times but have never eaten in the Windjammer at night. I believe it is not the same menu as the dinig room. It is buffet style. I do believe you can order room service and ask for items off the dining room menu. I believe this is correct. If I am wrong, one of my fellow CC's will advise differently. Have a great time! We will be on Sov. Oct. 16-20th. and can't wait! I just love that ship. Elizabeth

We did that a few weeks ago. It is buffet style and some items are the same, but not all. They would not get us the escargot that was on the dining room menu. We did have a waiter that brought us drinks and some other things, but his supervisor would not allow him to get us any escargot.

However, we made up for it when we told our head waiter the sad story the next night. He couldn't do it that night, but the last night he had enough escargot for everyone at the table to have at least 2 servings. All you have to do is ask for anything you didn't get in the Windjammer.

The room service menu is the same as the dining room. The menus are on the TV, just don't remember what channel.

There is no interactive TV on the Sovereign, so if you want to check your bill before you get it the last day, you have to ask Customer Service.

You'll be missing a crucial part of cruising by eating at the buffet on formal night! If you're all dressed anyway, go to the dining room! On formal night, the room service menu isn't the same--you can get some items, but not all!

Archived