Suits for 8 and 10 yr olds

KariB

Hi! I need help finding suits for my two boys. One wears a size 8 slim and the other a 12 husky. We have a wedding onboard the Star Princess and then formal night the same evening so I want them to look extra handsome! I have tried eBay and doing an online search and cannot find anything. Does anybody have any ideas? I am leaning towards a price range of $75-100. Thanks so much for any help!

Kari

Have you tried consignment shops? I don't have any kids so I don't shop in them really, but I know that some people have found formal outfits for their kids there...just because kids grow so fast. Or try someplace like JC Penney.

Try JC Penney, if they don't have it in their store, they will have it in their catalog. I prefer store shopping with them vs. online, I always find the prices to be less in the actual store.

Getting this close to holiday time, you will see more dressy clothing in stores. Unless you are far from shopping, I think it's best to try on clothing in person. If it's an item you don't purchase often, sizing can be tricky.

Hi! I need help finding suits for my two boys. One wears a size 8 slim and the other a 12 husky. We have a wedding onboard the Star Princess and then formal night the same evening so I want them to look extra handsome! I have tried eBay and doing an online search and cannot find anything. Does anybody have any ideas? I am leaning towards a price range of $75-100. Thanks so much for any help!

Kari

Hi Kari, This is one of my eBay suppliers. Everything we have ever bought from them has been top notch, well made at a good price. They also sell tuxedoes for boys.

http://www.magickidsusa.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_25&zenid=3bbf55060b0e25609541816bcb62ff37

I am not selling these suits and haven't seen one "in person". If they are as nice as the Magic Kids girls dresses, you will have made a smart purchase. I believe the shipping may be slow depending upon where you live.

Your boys will get more use out of their suits than you think!

Judy

Hi, I bought my son a suit from WalMart last year, so far I have seen them every year and in different colors. My son who was 10 on our last cruise opted for the black as he thought that looked more like a tux - and he loved being dressed up. I also know they had husky sizes also. My son however is on the slimmer side and we bought him a 10 along with 2 shirts with ties that he also picked out and an extra pair of black pants. The jacket and pants were $36. He will also be wearing it again this coming November.

I just ordered two suits on the sight listed above. ( magic kids). I will

let everyone know the quality once I recieve them. You can not beat thier prices. Two suits and a formal dress for my daughter was only $130 with shipping. We shall see if they are worth it.

I just ordered two suits on the sight listed above. ( magic kids). I will

let everyone know the quality once I recieve them. You can not beat thier prices. Two suits and a formal dress for my daughter was only $130 with shipping. We shall see if they are worth it.

Which dress did you buy from magic kids? I'm the person who recommended the site. We have sold lots of their formals on ebay and I am truly impressed by the quality.

--Judy

Thanks a ton to all of you who helped me out with this!! I ended up with nice outfits from magic kids and some from ebay...Walmart, Sears, and JcPenney in my area are not too great for clothes. Small town Wyoming/Montana ya know? Unfortunately I found more than enough very nice dresses for my daughter in the process!!! She is just too much fun to shop for and a true girly who appreciates nice clothes!! Anyway, I appreciate the helpful ideas!

Kari

So happy you found somthing.

I peaked the other day when I was at Walmart, and they did not have any boys suits. I think they usually don't get them in until right before Christmas and Right Before Easter.

Have a wonderful cruise, and I'm sure your boys will look great in the their suits for the Wedding and the Cruise!!!!

Try JC Penney, if they don't have it in their store, they will have it in their catalog. I prefer store shopping with them vs. online, I always find the prices to be less in the actual store.

Getting this close to holiday time, you will see more dressy clothing in stores. Unless you are far from shopping, I think it's best to try on clothing in person. If it's an item you don't purchase often, sizing can be tricky.

My boys are 8 & 11 and we bought them suits at JC Penney last Spring which we're very happy with. They sell the jacket and pants separately. We went to JC Penney to look at them and try them on. I'm glad we went to the store first, because I didn't end up buying the sizes I would have thought they needed. My 8 year old wears a size 6-7 Slim pant and a 6-7 regular shirt. I had to buy him the size 8 Slim pants and 10 Slim jacket. My 11 year old wears a 12 or 14 Husky depending on the brand. I found I had to buy him the 16 Husky Pants & 16 Husky Jacket. The store had Slim sizes, but not Husky sizes to try on. I just had him try on the regular size so I could see which was better. I ended up ordering everything through their catalog to get the right colors/sizes.

Archived