Help! First Seating Full ???

4Romeos

We have a group of 24 on the Monarch of the Seas, 2/19/07. We did not book together as a group, but our reservations are linked. (Whatever that means) Some of us are scheduled for the first dinner seating and the rest for the second seating. Our TA told us the first seating is full and there is nothing that can be done to keep us together besides moving everyone to the late seating. This wouldn't be a problem except we have quite a few children in the group and we have a bedtime issue. My question is - Is there truly nothing that can be done? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Your TA should have settled this when you booked your cruise! Tell the TA to call and put you on a wait-list for main seating. Chances are good you will get what you want by the 2nd night, at least. You may not be seated with the rest of your party, but something is better than nothing! Also, have the TA mention all of the reservation #'s of the whole party, and they MAY be able to get you seated near each other. (I don't think they will seat more than 12-14 at any table.)

We have a group of 24 on the Monarch of the Seas, 2/19/07. We did not book together as a group, but our reservations are linked. (Whatever that means) Some of us are scheduled for the first dinner seating and the rest for the second seating. Our TA told us the first seating is full and there is nothing that can be done to keep us together besides moving everyone to the late seating. This wouldn't be a problem except we have quite a few children in the group and we have a bedtime issue. My question is - Is there truly nothing that can be done? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Suggest to your TA to call the group coordinator and see what they can do. You might be out of luck.

I sail every year with a group of 40, give or take a couple. We are always linked together and are seated at four table next to each other. Groups like this are normally put in the seating plan early. Are you sure your TA had you linked together prior to the dining assignments? Sounds like there was either a mess up in the linking or you booked very late.

Archived