Flight Barcelona to London.. how early?

I'm arranging for transportation from the pier to the airport, but not sure how early we need to arrive at the airport. I know international is 2hrs., but what about "intra"national? Also, how much time should I allow for travel time from the pier from the airport?

Thanks for your help

Becky

I would say it took about 20 - 30 minutes from pier to airport. It took about 20 minutes to find our luggage but we were at the airport by 8:30am!! Our flight wasn't until 2:10 and we couldn't even check in (on British Air) until noon. Definately could have made and earlier flight.

I'm arranging for transportation from the pier to the airport, but not sure how early we need to arrive at the airport. I know international is 2hrs., but what about "intra"national?
Barcelona to London is international, you know! :)

Arriving at Barcelona airport about 2 hours before departure would be a good target to aim for. Check-in will close at either -60 minutes or -45 minutes before departure, and when it's closed, it's closed - so you would be on standby or even just completely offloaded, with the mess to be sorted out later. If you aim for arriving at the airport at -120 minutes, you will have some leeway for things to go wrong.

What is intra-national?! Spain and England may both be in Europe but are totally different countries (only joking - don't mean to offend)

Bear in mind that Barcelona Airport is chaotic and very busy. Lines were long and gates tend to change without any announcements after check-in....be sure to keep a close eye on the information boards - we almost missed our flight waiting at the original gate

Hi,

I was being a sarcastic American about the "intra"....sorry:o I just wasn't sure if I needed more or less time than from traveling overseas.

Anyway, thank you all for the info. We will definatley aim to arrive at least 2 hours early, I don't want any problems!! I will watch for the gate change, as well. We, being several of us, missed a flight form LA to New York because they changed gates at the last minute and the announcements where impossible to hear :mad:

I emailed the taxi company that is transferring us from the airport to the hotel pre cruise, but all their drivers are booked for the return. We will have 6 with "LUGGAGE", they say we will have no problem finding a taxi at the dock, is this true?

Thanks,

Becky

Archived