Question about shower heads...

AlainBob

For those of us who don't book a suite or a mini-suite, we all know that the shower will probably be kind of small, with only a fixed shower head... And when we take a shower, there are always some "hard to reach places" on our body... if you know what I mean. :o

My question is: does someone ever bring their own "telephone style shower head" and change the one in the shower for the duration of the cruise ?

I have found many good tips and tricks on these boards but I don't remember reading anything about changing a shower head... So, is it possible to do it ?

Thanks !

Alain R.

there just in not enough room in my case for a shower head and the hose attachment (and tools required), certainly not when I pack my crock pot, coffee maker, portable fan, bottles of wine, comforter, pillows and my best "sweats and ball cap" for formal nights...and I have to save room for all the pre-packaged foods that I stash to bring home.

forget the shower head, I say:D

there just in not enough room in my case for a shower head and the hose attachment (and tools required), certainly not when I pack my crock pot, coffee maker, portable fan, bottles of wine, comforter, pillows and my best "sweats and ball cap" for formal nights...and I have to save room for all the pre-packaged foods that I stash to bring home.

forget the shower head, I say:D

Chrysalis, you forgot to mention the beer cooler and lounge chairs.;)

My question is: does someone ever bring their own "telephone style shower head" and change the one in the shower for the duration of the cruise ?

Sorry, and no offense, but that's one of the strangest questions I've ever read out here.:eek:

However, I've been in inside & outside cabins on two different cruise lines and I think the shower heads are not "fixed".

Sorry, and no offense, but that's one of the strangest questions I've ever read out here.:eek:

:D :D :D There is no offense... As I said, I know it's a funny question... :rolleyes:

However, I've been in inside & outside cabins on two different cruise lines and I think the shower heads are not "fixed".

Can you tell me on wich cruise lines ? We have only cruised with Princess so far and I don't remember seeing a shower head that's not fixed...

Alain R.

I did not forget.....I just did not want to give away all of my best ideas (especially the shade umbrella one so that I can't get hit by the ice cubes if I disrobe on my balcony)

:D :D :D

I don't want to get hit by the ones that deflect off your umbrella!:D :D

I can't remember exactly what it looks like. However, there is a lever on one of the two knobs in the Princess shower's. If you push this lever you can then turn that knob further and get much better water pressure. Might hit those hard to reach places then :rolleyes:

Both RCI and Celebrity have the "telephone"/hand-held shower heads--at least on Radiance and Connie. Since I use that style at home, I hope someone at Princess will eventually design ships with that kind--but I would vote for larger shower stalls, first!

The best way to get those hard to reach places is to stand on your head while in the shower.

:D

That's one way to solve the problem... but I don't think everyone might be able to do it, espacially in those tiny showers... :rolleyes:

I love your answer anyway !!! :D You really made my day ! :D :D

Alain R.

:D Well, I just have to weigh in here! I completely understand your question, AlainBob !!!! At home we have three showers, and each one is equipped with a hand-held shower attachment!! I have never understood how people get completely rinsed without one.....leftover soap sum.........itchy!!!!:eek:

When we were visiting family, I complained to my husband about the lack of a hand held shower attachment, and he too told me to stand on my head!! :):D:) Glad to know (BaumD) that there's someone else out there with a great sense of humor!!

One of the cruise ships I was on had multiple shower heads so when you got into the shower the water surrounded you, it was great. I do not think this was a Princess cruise. It was worth walking to the spa to take your shower.

Carol

Archived