Enchantment, do they have early disembarkation??

We are on her in Jan. I am wondering because I have read several different stories.......if we have an early flight, can we get off first or earlier??? Or is it a free for all and we all get off at the same time??

I will be booking flights very soon and I want to know what to take and what NOT to take....of course pick something later in the morning, early afternoon....but what I am seeing available, I don't think I have that option???

This last time I looked, I found a 9:45am flight out for $256 the next available is 11:20am and then 2:30pm both for $341. I'd rather rush to the airport and get home by bedtime (kids waiting at home for me) than pull in at midnight and pay more for that!!

As I said, I have read both ways, you can get off with early disemb. and then someone wrote that there isn't even self disemb.??? So whats the story??????

Thanks everyone,

We were off the ship 8:30 and at the airport before 9:00. Although we carried are own luggage off the ship. If you inform guest relations that you have an early flight you will be allowed to leave the ship early. Whoever said you can't self disembark off Enchantment is incorrect.

If you have an early flight, about mid-way through your cruise, you need to tell customer service that you have an early flight and need to be in one of the 1st groups off the ship. They will oblige.

ANYONE, if they're willing to drag all their luggage off the ship themselves, can disembark at any time. You still need to go through customs, but you don't have to wait for a "color" to be called. You just go whenever you're ready.

Wow speedy service on this question!!!!:D

Thank you and Thank you!!! That is what I thought, but I had read so many different things and now as I get closer to final payment and booking flight, I started to panic!!!

THANK YOU again!!

DO NOT pick the 9:45am flight home. You will probably miss it. I was on Enchantment last January and we got to airport gate at 10:30am thanks to the long lines at security and them picking me out for a random screening. We were the 3rd group off the ship and caught a taxi to the airport.

They called the 1st group at around 9am or so.

The earliest flight I'd chance booking in FLL would be 10:30 AM and, in my mind, that would be pushing it. If ANYTHING goes wrong you stand a good chance of ending your vacation on a sour note. Besides, who wants to end a relaxing vacation/getaway feeling rushed and pressured to make the earliest possible flight. I much prefer to not have to worry about what time I get off the ship and be leasurely about getting to the airport and my flight. Not that I relish sitting in an airport for any lenght of time but, I generally don't relish going back to work either. I just don't want to end by cranking up the pressure as soon as the ship docks or spend my last evening on the cruise concerned about little things that could cause me to miss my flight.

If you have an early flight, about mid-way through your cruise, you need to tell customer service that you have an early flight and need to be in one of the 1st groups off the ship. They will oblige.

ANYONE, if they're willing to drag all their luggage off the ship themselves, can disembark at any time. You still need to go through customs, but you don't have to wait for a "color" to be called. You just go whenever you're ready.

CB - You really need to rethink posting blanket statements like this, because once again, you are incorrect. There is no "go when you're ready," and while they do have self debarkation, it is run differently on Enchantment than on other ships. They are very low key about it and do not promote it like they do on other ships. And in any case, the earliest anyone gets off is 830am, not the 630am like on some MIA ships.

Sanditoes - I was just on Enchantment this weekend for the 4 nighter. We debarked with Diamond members and were among the first to leave the ship at about 830a. After that, they start calling tags by departure color. The tax ride was 5-7 minutes and about $15. When I arrived at FLL, it was EMPTY (US Air terminal), but I think that was b/c of the Columbus Day holiday, and b/c there were no other ships in port. I've been in FLL when it's been insanely busy. My friend easily made his 945am Jet Blue flight. My friend did the 5 night cruise before (B2B), and the debarkation situation was exactly the same.

You can try asking about the self debarkation option at Guest Relations, but when I asked them, they looked at me like I was from Mars. Our stateroom attendant eventually got us the "Travel Lite" passes, but I never heard them called. We got off sooner as Diamond members rather than self-disembarkation, and on most ships, it's the other way around.

Bottom line, I think the 945 is possible, and if was me I'd go for it, but there is some risk.

Just got back from Enchantment yesterday. i had booked a 4:40 flight back to Cali...just to be safe...took our regular color(red) was off by 9:30 , cab to airport(fll) by 9:50ish, went to counter asked if any earlier flights...was on plane by 11:10...home to lax at 2:00 instead of 9:00....the funny thing is that flight would have cost 90.00 more p/p if booked at the same time as my orig. flight... go figure.That way we still had the safety of our later flight if any problems

sanditoes4

Are you flying from MSP? I found a NWA flight that leaves the night before (the 10th) and comes back on Mon the 15th for $255 R/T

MSP > FLL Wed 10 Jan 2007 4:50p - 11:53p

FLL > MSP Mon 15 Jan 2007 11:05a - 4:06p

$255 each person and 1 stop each way through Northwest

I wouldn't attempt to fly down the day of the cruise due to the snow you get up there.

Thanks everybody, I knew it would be a toss up, some yes and most saying NO!! I still have about 2 weeks before I book flights for my sister and I. I am hoping to find that perfect flight plan when the times comes but I will also keep in mind talking to guest relations!! I know I will be with carry-on only, I hope my sister can do the same....I know that's ify also with airlines as strict as they are but I will work all that out later....if my sister and I go together and buy ONE bottle of shampoo, cond., lotion and toothpaste when we land in FLL we can throw it all out when we head home!!! Things like that will make it work out!!

Steve: I think I seen the first part of that flight, the second is new to me....I really only check once a week right now....maybe twice if it's slow at work?? :o I will keep an eye out though.....I was hoping the longer I waited the more flights would open!!??!!

Thanks again everyone, I have heard you all loud and clear and appreciate it!!!

Archived