hand held currency exchange

drebo

I'm looking for a hand held (compact) currency exchanger for European countries. It doesn't have to be fancy, just allow me to input the foreign asking price and find out what the American dollar amount would be. I'll be in Turkey, Greece, Italy, Spain, France, Croatia. Thanks for phone numbers of stores or email addresses so I can quickly place an order.

I'm leaving in two weeks, so I am down to the wire. I will continuously check this thread or you could email me at jruse99@yahoo.com

Thanks for your help--I'm getting desperate!

I'm not sure what you are looking for would be readily available or affordable. Currency prices change constantly during the trading day and the only way to have a device that would be accurate would be to have wireless broadband access that would be constantly updating the currency prices. There may be software programs for devices like a Blackberry that might provide what you are asking but I don't think there is a single purpose device that does what you are asking.

Greece, Italy, Spain and France all use euros. Most stores in Turkey will accept either dollars, euros or Turkish money. I don't know what they use in Croatia

It will be interesting to see what others have to say about your question. Good luck in finding what you are looking for.

Here is some software that does what you want on handheld PC's.

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=14523

Have a great next cruise.

I too have just used the cheat sheets. Sometimes I just make them up my own in Excel. I try to just make them credit card size and then I print them out and laminate them. Carry them in my wallet. It gets me close enough to the cost in US dollars. Easier and lighter to carry than a hand held calculator.

Archived