Houston to Galveston?

bernman

Hi,

First post here.....DW and I are planning a cruise on the Elation 1/9/05. We already have our a/f from getting bumped from a previous flight, and we are flying into Houston airport. Tried to fly into Galveston, but no dice. Really don't want to incur any expense on the air portion, if possible.

How difficult is it to get to Galveston?:confused:

Thanks for the help!!
:)

[quote name='sherrintxs']Do you know if you are flying into Hobby Airport or Bush Intercontinital? I know a couple of the hotels around Bush if you are staying there will shuttle you down to Galveston.[/QUOTE]
Thanks sherri

We are flying into Bush. I assume the shuttle is only open to hotel guests. Or, can you pay them to use? Also, do you know if Carnival has transfers from the airport to purchase?

Go to [url]http://www.galveston.com[/url] and you can get a list of the limo service and other transportation from both Airports and a bunch of other stuff on Galveston
Regards
Roger

Were doing the Elation August 15. There are 4 of us, so it is cheaper to rent a car one way from Houston to Galveston ($57.48 w/ coupon), they will then shuttle us to the ship. On return they will pick us up at the ship, one way rental back to Houston ($36.92 w/ coupon). Both Enterprise and Hertz will do this, but we went with Enterprise because it's cheaper and they have a better coupon in the Entertainment book!

Other options were the Carnival transfers (like $66 per person, RT), [url]http://galvestonlimousineservice.com/index.html[/url] (at $60 per person, RT).
and [url]http://www.galveston.com/extremeelegance/iah.php[/url] ($100 each way in a town car).

Julie

I live here in Texas and have been down to the Houston/Galveston area many times. And the other posts are correct. It is too far for a taxi or limo. I'm not saying you can't use a taxi or limo. It's just going to be very expensive. Enterprise and Hertz were mentioned because they are the only car rental agencies in the pier area. I think renting a car would be the way to go if you're looking for the cheapest way to get to and from Galveston. It's not a terribly long drive or anything, but it's over an hour away and a taxi or limo might be kind of expensive.

I second Galveston Limo. They were definitely well worth the price. Very friendly people to deal with and the driver was there at the pier to pick us up to take us back to the airport. Whatever money you spend on them, you'll spend on a rental car or a much higher price for anyone else.

Archived