Need suggestions for onboard scavenger hunt? Or hide and seek?

amynkeith

Let's keep it safe folks! ;)

We have a group of six people going on a cruise next week. I was thinking it would be fun to organize some sort of game, but my creative juices don't seem to be flowing so well.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Oh, we range in age from 22-37...but we all act 21. :D

Have each person take a digital camera and get pictures of themselves doing various activities on the ship. For example: at the rock climbing wall, at a bingo session, dancing in the disco, relaxing in a hot tub, etc.

Have them get the signatures of various crew members like somebody from Guest Relations, a bartender, a stateroom attendant, a waiter.

The best scavenger hunt I've done was in Hawaii with my (adult) siblings & spouses. We broke into 2 teams (5 people each) and had a polaroid i-zone camera (with only 10 pictures I think?) Each team had the SAME list of things to find, with varying points assigned to each item, depending on rarity (like--picture of Charles Lindbergh's grave was 300 points, a sand castle was 5 points) You could ONLY take as many pictures as were on the camera, but you could put as many items into one photo as you could fit. We left the house at the same time and had a meeting point in 5 (I think) hours. Whichever team got the most points won. It was REALLY fun. It involved strategy (the Lindbergh grave is in Hana--very difficult to reach, at least 2 hours to drive each way, but almost a deal breaker in terms of points) and we got to see a lot of Maui. Searching from the same list started us off on equal footing. I did a scavenger hunt with my in-laws family a couple years after that, and each team "drew" items from a hat--so our items were different--some very easy, some impossible--but random, and I don't think that was as fair.

As for what items to put on a list, I'm sure reading the boards and the cruise website will give you some good ideas of things you can take pictures of on the boat....

Archived