So where should we go next?

flagger

We are late 30's and our daughter will be turning 5 at the end of May 2008 and we would like to take a cruise then to get one more in before she starts school. I do not however have a problem taking her out of school in the primary years.

We want a Radiance class ship.

We can take up to a 10 day cruise.

I think we should wait on the Med until our DD is older.

Where should we go?

We are late 30's and our daughter will be turning 5 at the end of May 2008 and we would like to take a cruise then to get one more in before she starts school. I do not however have a problem taking her out of school in the primary years.

Where should we go?

Cruise to Alaska and plz take me with you!

I enjoyed the Brilliance/Panama 10 day--but found that 4 ports just weren't enough to keep my hubby happy! Not very interesting for a 5 year old, either, I wouldn't imagine! 6 sea days were just too many for him. (He's not a "pool" person!)

Have you considered something other than a cruise to delight a 5 yr. old?

I did both the 10 day Brilliance Panama Canal and the 7 day Serenade Southern Caribbean this past March and can recommend either one. No there was not a massive amount of kids on the Serenade sailing - due to the high cost of airfare to San Juan - in fact we rarely noticed the kids on our sailing. I would go back and do either sailing again in a minute, but the Brilliance sailing was my absolute favorite cruise.

We have done Alaska and we want to wait until she is a bit older and do a Seward-Vancouver SB with a few days more on the front end in Denali.

I am thinking Serenade 7 day out of San Juan, but maybe Brilliance 10 day.

If you search the RCCL and Carnival boards I think you will find that many have problems with the San Juan departures... I will leave it at that. I love RCCL but if were me I would honestly do a 4 nighter on Disney Cruise lines and add a few days in Orlando at the beginning or end. I have never heard anyone say anything negative when traveling with Kids about a Disney Cruise.

Already doing a Disney for Dec 2007. This is for the Spring of 2008. I am really turned off on Celebrity right now, so I want to get the credit for booking on RCCL. I might just do a phantom one and keep moving the res, but we really want one more cruise before she starts full time in school.

Already doing a Disney for Dec 2007. This is for the Spring of 2008. I am really turned off on Celebrity right now, so I want to get the credit for booking on RCCL. I might just do a phantom one and keep moving the res, but we really want one more cruise before she starts full time in school.

Tough call then, I was pretty definate that I was going to book one of the San Juan departures but after all I have read no way. We try to go on Sept. so we are still trying to figure out where to go next year.. this year it was Bermuda the year before Alaska. We have 4 kids an leave them with grandparents and use this as our adults only vacation. Good Luck.

The only thing that should stop you from sailing from San Juan is the cost of airfare. There is absolutely nothing wrong with San Juan and the ports are wonderful. You could tack a few days on pre- or post-cruise for an extended vacation. I'm considering a flight from San Juan to St. Thomas (around $160 roundtrip on American) for a few days post-cruise for 2008 Serenade.

You could do a B2B on the enchantment. It is very kid friendly with the bungee tramolines and suspension bridges. That would be 10 days if you did 2 5 days or you could change ports and take the 5 N then B2B on a 4N that would give you 9 nights, and the enchantment is a wonderful ship.

Just a thought.. plus the rates are fabulous :):)

Why not take a Hawaiian cruise (although they are 14 days) in October or April? Roundtrip, leaving out of Los Angeles, return to Ensenada, Mexico. We loved Alaska, but our favorite still is Hawaii.

I'm not sure of 2008, but Radiance sails this itinerary in 2007.

The roundtrip Hawaii cruises return to either LA or San Diego (whichever port they start at), they just make a brief stop at Ensenada.

It's only the one way Hawaii cruises that either start or end in Ensenada. If your cruise ends in Ensenada, then you would want to take the cruiseline transfers back to San Diego. They wouldn't be offered to LAX.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't worry about leaving from San Juan. It's nice and you don't normally leave until 10:00pm so you can explore Old San Juan before you set sail. You can also tack on a few days before or after at a beach resort to give you the 10 days you're looking for. Enjoy whatever you end up doing.

I'd also recommend Bermuda if you haven't done that yet. It's a beautiful place.

• 2 weeks later...

Where should we go?

Hi Flagger, I am just curious to know why so many people think it is that money is no object for you?? what kinda job do you have that would make someone think you are so well to do? Cruising with your 5 year old will be splendid.... and I would think that only You and the Mrs. would be able to know where to go based on what your interests are...

HAPPY CRUISING...no matter where you go!!!

• 1 month later...
Flagger,

would love to do the Canal in 2008. Brilliance class even better, keep me posted. It will be my 50th that year, who knows what will happen. Happy sailing...

Nan,

now grandmother of 3

Nan I lost your email. Email me at flaggpup /at/ yahoo.com

We have booked the Brilliance for an 11 day departing March 3, 2008.

Archived