Postage

Stanley

Any chance they sell postage on the ships for each of the ports we visit? I'm thinking about post cards specifically. It would be nice to have the postage on hand so that if you want to send a card you don't have to look for a post office or a place that sells the stamps.

No they don't, but some of the ports have post offices close by to the pier. You just have to have fun fast, write fast, and hurry up and get to the post office. Takes the fun out of post cards. Any post cards mailed on the ship are mailed from US ports. Sorry

My experience on a Med cruise is that they did not sell stamps, they sell a posting service. That is, they charge you to mail your cards / letters. It is quite a bit more than the face value of the postage you need. (Can't remember exactly, but I'm thinking it was over twice the cost of the postage.)

When I tried to buy stamps at the purser's desk, they said "just give us your postcards". I told them I wanted to mail them myself and was told that they don't sell stamps.

Many shops that sell postcards also sell stamps. I also found stamps at currency conversion shops.

This may be different for Caribbean, I've never tried to mail anything from the ship on those itineraries.

We never leave the postcards with Guest Relations. On the cruise we did use this service, the cards arrived weeks after our trip ended and they were postmarked from a port we didn't even visit. I take labels with me which makes the process quicker.

Deb C - We always get home before our postcards. We usually mail them at the aiport just before we board the plane. I mostly send them to my Godmother who just loves to get them. Like Senga, I type up labels at home before we leave. It really makes it easier. I don't write much on the cards, I just send them.

Archived