Private shuttle service: Orlando-Port Canaveral?

CWNNP

We are a family of 5- 2 adults, 3 kids ages 2,5,8 yrs sailing out of Port Canaveral on the Elation end of Feb.

I am looking into private shuttle services to go to and from the port (round trip) that provide child car seat(s) at no extra cost. I found this one called Tiffany Towncar Service of Orlando- the cost ends up being about the same as the 5 of us taking the Cruise bus.....here is their website: http://www.tiffanytowncars.com/index.html

Has anyone heard of or used this company? if so, was it a good experience??

OR do you have any other shuttle/transportation companies that you would reccommend?

Thanks!

Eden

I agree with Arts shuttle. Even if they are the same cost as the crusielines you are not waiting around for other people for the buses. You arrive at the port with just your family instead of enmasse with about 80-100 other people. Its more relaxing.

Regarding Art's shuttle- i just had a peek at their website and it seems to only mention shuttles from orlando Airport to Port Canaveral, doesn't really mention bringing you back after the cruise.... do you know if they do that?

We are a family of 5- 2 adults, 3 kids ages 2,5,8 yrs sailing out of Port Canaveral on the Elation end of Feb.

OR do you have any other shuttle/transportation companies that you would reccommend?

Thanks!

Eden

Rent a car and choose car seats as an option.They will provide them in the car for you. There is a drop off terminal real close to the pier and they will shuttle you.Much cheaper than the other options most times of the year.

Steve

Regarding Art's shuttle- i just had a peek at their website and it seems to only mention shuttles from orlando Airport to Port Canaveral, doesn't really mention bringing you back after the cruise.... do you know if they do that?

Yes, Art's does the return trip as well.

Re: rental car - it is certainly an option and can result in a significant savings. I have found Thrifty to usually be the most economical option. But please allow plenty of time to deal with picking up and dropping off the car. Only the guest can determine if the savings is worth the hassle.

Thanks so much for your replies,

i checked into a couple of car rentals and so far the best price i've found is full size car (we need it to be able to fit 3 kids in the back with 2 of them being in car seats) for $43 dollars, but when i add the tax, plus 9$ per day per car seat (x2) plus something around $30 for the insurance plus i'm guessing at maybe $10 in gas...... we're looking at over 100$ to go there and then back after the cruise. Seems not worth all the hassle of taking all the extra shuttles for the car rental places with 3 kids and way too many bags.... waiting in car rental places (with 3 kids and too many bags).... having to intall the car seats ourselves..... finding our way in unfamiliar area.... for us to save 50-60$.

So I think i have my answer, we're going to try tiffany towncars. ( i also called Art's shuttle and they only have booster seats for kids over 3 yrs old and over 30 lbs- but our youngest will be under 3 and only about 24 lbs so they said we'd have to bring our own seat - so no way- we'll have enough stuff to carry as it is!!)

Thanks again for your replies, much appreciated!!!!

:)

Eden

We have used them 3 times and have had great experiences. They are always on time and freindly. They will stop at a grocery store, if you want to pick up any supplies before being dropped off.

There were 5 of us the two times and 6 once. Another time we rented a car, since we were going to be at DisneyWorld for a few days and wanted to get around. Think we used Budget.

Here's a good link for this:

http://dcltribute.com/carhire/

Archived