Coffee makers - a solution

flutepilot

REAL coffee/Starbucks - is there a difference?? :D

Well - If you have been spoiled by a coffee shop which is small enough for the in-house roaster to spend the extra time to get the absolute most out of each different coffee, you know the difference. He recently spent three days playing around with different blends and roasts getting their espresso blend to what he expected after they ran out of one of the coffees in the old blend.

The roaster there is in his early 20's, but is so good that he was invited to Ethiopia this year as a judge of each farm's crop for later auction.

THAT is real coffee...:D

Dan

Black N' Decker Brew N Go.

I never cruise without it.

Even if you don't feel like schlepping it in your luggage, run to a Walgreens and buy one before boarding and leave it at the end of the trip.

I am a Gevalia fan myself, IMHO the only drinkable coffee on X is in the main dining room. The buffet coffee is swill.

Because I am an extremely early riser and even if they were open that early I don't want to traipse around the ship in my jammies:-)

Seriously....there is nothing like getting up before everyone and relaxing on my balcony with a fresh cup of brewed coffee. I don't want to call room service and disturb my family who is fast aslep when they knock on the door.

Unless you are truly a coffee affectionado, you just don't get it.

Because I am an extremely early riser and even if they were open that early I don't want to traipse around the ship in my jammies:-)

Seriously....there is nothing like getting up before everyone and relaxing on my balcony with a fresh cup of brewed coffee. I don't want to call room service and disturb my family who is fast aslep when they knock on the door.

Unless you are truly a coffee affectionado, you just don't get it.

Sounds to me like you better bring your own coffee machine. I saw a few of those Gevalia machine's still in the box at out local $ store for around 5 bucks.

Happy brewing!

David

• 3 weeks later...
spengle,

IOne drawback about the travel french press though - I never figured out a polite way of cleaning out the grounds - had a great room steward who didn't fuss, but it can be messy.

The Dollar Stores sells small diaper bags (100 per box) with handles that can tie the bag shut and nothing inside leaks.

Enjoy the coffee

Mary

Another thing we have done which is easier to clean up than a french press is to pack a Melitta cone, some filters and starbucks ground coffee (our fav is Verona blend) and use the hot water to brew our own. Then when done the filter takes care of the cleanup. These are very light and take up virtually no room. Just another idea for the coffee lovers in the crowd.

We always buy a cheap 4-cup Mr. Coffee and then leave it for the room steward. The stewards seem to appreciate it. I prepare the coffee the night before and love just pressing the button when I get up and have fresh, HOT, coffee on the verandah.

We're set. Bought the portable French Press. Ground coffee beans at our local supermarket which has a 'french press' grind on the machine. Tried it out this afternoon and it works! No grounds in the coffee. Enough coffee for 2 reg. cups so that we can drink our first cups while the 2nd cup is brewing. We'll be so happy in the AM....thanks to those whose suggestions we followed..

I am a big coffee fan too. Starbucks has the nice traveling coffee presses also. Our last cruise I packed my Starbucks coffee and took a small 4 cup coffee maker. Could get a good cup of coffee whenever I wanted it. :)

Archived