Crown Princess from NYC - bringing on alcohol

jennbk28

Hello..

I know this question has been asked a million times but we are leaving on the Crown on Wednesday 10/18 and my friend and I love Sam Adams (esp the Otoberfest). We would buy it onboard but they don't offer Sam at all. Anyway, I wanted to bring a 12 pack and she was thinking of bringing one also. Do you know if we would get away with just carrying it on as is in the box or should we bubble wrap it and put it in carryon luggage? Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks so much,

Jenn

If you want to be almost certain that your beverages will not be confiscated, do the bubble wrap thing and put it in your checked luggage. If you attempt to carry it on, it could be confiscated, and that often depends on what kind of morning the security person is having on that particular day.

We bought beer in Seattle and in Juneau and carried it on. It went through the scanner and nothing was confiscated. As many times as this has been discussed, it seems that I've rarely read that anyone had anything taken away. A few have said that they saw someone else's alcohol confiscated.

also some people have used delivery services,and or had it shipped to the boat like fed ex and theres some others too,try a search for deliveries to ship maybe,its just another idea,hope this helps you a bit ,have a great cruise:));)

We just returned today from the 10/9 voyage and had absolutely no problem bringing 2 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of vodka in our checked luggage. The worst they will do is confiscate it to be returned at the end of the cruise.

I was also on the 10/9 voyage and walked on with 2 bottles of wine and one bottle of champage. I can tell you the guy for me actually stopped me. The guy on the xray said it was ok because of the wine/champagne and the amount. I think they would have taken it had it been anything else.

On the other hand, coming in from Grand Turk they took my bottle of rum, but I could have walked by them with it. Same with San Juan. At St Thomas they never checked us for alcohol.

I was also on the 10/9 voyage and walked on with 2 bottles of wine and one bottle of champage. I can tell you the guy for me actually stopped me. The guy on the xray said it was ok because of the wine/champagne and the amount. I think they would have taken it had it been anything else.

On the other hand, coming in from Grand Turk they took my bottle of rum, but I could have walked by them with it. Same with San Juan. At St Thomas they never checked us for alcohol.

They take the alcohol at a separate table AFTER your re-embarkation so the guys that see it in the xrays are different than the guys that take it at a table. My son and his friend just walked right by with theirs. If it wasn't in a liquor case, they wouldn't know the difference and didn't really seem to care all that much.

We sailed the CB in June and purchased 6 bottles of wine (via online website) in FL that was packed and waiting for us when we arrived. We are staying at the Brooklyn Marriott when we sail the Crown, and I'm wondering if there's a liquor/wine store nearby to make pre-cruise purchases?? We're travelling from CA and I'm not sure I want to fly with a half dozen bottles in our checked luggage. Any suggestions??

We sailed the CB in June and purchased 6 bottles of wine (via online website) in FL that was packed and waiting for us when we arrived. We are staying at the Brooklyn Marriott when we sail the Crown, and I'm wondering if there's a liquor/wine store nearby to make pre-cruise purchases?? We're travelling from CA and I'm not sure I want to fly with a half dozen bottles in our checked luggage. Any suggestions??

There are a number of Liquor stores within walking distance. The closest two are on Atlantic Avenue(better store of the two closest stores) between Clinton and Hicks or Smith Street Between Dean and Pacific...They are about the same distance- about 1/4 of a mile. A little further is Towne Liquor on Clarke Street and Henry---better overall hard liquor selection under a 1/2 a mile. All in my opinion of course. Let me know if you want specific directions

We also stayed at the Brooklyn Marriott the night before our 10/9 departure. Was so convenient! Easy to walk to Montague street with lots of shops, restaurants, and a RiteAid for last minute supplies. We went to "ZAP" liquor store on Court street to pick up our wines before the trip. Left the hotel at 12:15 and were in our room at 12:50. $15 from the hotel.

We rolled up our wine bottles into clothing in the suitcases before boarding the ship, for convenience. Brought along a netting type duffel bag to carry on some 2-liter bottles of water, coke but they were pretty heavy to lug! Have never had a problem bringing wine or beer onto a Princess ship...

By the way, weather permitting, we highly recommend the walk across the Brooklyn bridge in the morning before you check out of the hotel. Sounded kind of odd to me when a friend recommended it, but am glad I didn't miss it! Great views, photo opps, and a nice little walk (around 45 mins).

We also stayed at the Brooklyn Marriott the night before our 10/9 departure. Was so convenient! Easy to walk to Montague street with lots of shops, restaurants, and a RiteAid for last minute supplies. We went to "ZAP" liquor store on Court street to pick up our wines before the trip. Left the hotel at 12:15 and were in our room at 12:50. $15 from the hotel./quote]

How expensive is that Marriott to stay at?

Archived