What is wrong with the Destiny?

mac4cruise

Lots of threads on this board discussing all of the problems with this ship. Main problems seem to relate to a/c problems in some cabins as well as what has been described as cultural bias with respect to the majority Puerto Rican demographic. Do a search on this board and plug in "Destiny" and you should get lots of hits.

I agree with Cruzman on what other's have posted, but I personally didn't find these problems and had the best vacation of my life on the Destiny!!! I'm looking forward to sailing her again with the new itinerary.

From what I've read, it seems that the lower cabins and the higher AFT cabins don't have the same types of issues reported with plumbing and A/C, but anything could happen on any ship I suppose.

I love the Caribbean/Latin flair on this cruise! :) :) The variety of music and entertainment was outstanding...

I'd suggest that you THOROUGHLY research the destiny thread, past reviews and do a general search before booking.

when I went in 04, we had a great time. Mind you.. day one we met three excellent couples and hung out the whole cruise. we met so many people that it was a blast, our first cruise just me and the hubby not knowing anyone and we loved it.

two main concerns seem to be

1. a puerto rico dominated atmosphere in which many people had fellow passenger issues and felt that they were either not treated fairly, treated rudely or were very uncomfortable. I sailed two years ago, this wasn't my experience but there was a large european and puerto rican population (ship picks up pax on several of the ports which is unusual for american port cruises).

2. the air conditioning for many months is hit and miss on several areas of the ship, worse.. this has been ongoing and reimbursement from what I have read is unequal, unfair and IMHO... unexceptable.

so, while I've not had a major complaint and worry abit about trying to summerize others issues. this will give you an idea of the issues and what to look for.

now in trying to help the OP get a brief idea about the hub bub... I did not mean to offend.... this is quite the 3 alarm fire lately... please play with matches elsewhere.

c

I agree with Pholter - I had the world's best vacation on the Destiny - not once (2004) but twice (2006) and am planning another for 2007. We go in June and have had absolutely no issues with anything at all. The AC worked great. We've been on the Veranda deck with balcony and the Lido deck with balcony. The people on the cruise have been great - no problems with staff or other passengers. The latin flavor was not as evident as others have reported. The music was a combination of calipso, reggae, and Jimmy Buffett. Just what you should be looking for in a Southern Carribean cruise. The itinerary was what took us to the Destiny on our first trip but the wonderful ship, staff, food, and islands have taken us back again.

We are going on the Destiny again, we did B/B several years ago and enjoyed it and are going again. Just going to switch ships this time, don't want to see the same shows and hear the same jokes for 2 weeks. Seems alot of the problems are personel. A cruise is what YOU make of it. Some people expect perfection, we don't. We have been on alot of cruises and have learned just go with the flow you never know what will happen. We have been on boats with 30 ft waves, boats that the engines stoped in the middle of the baltic, used paper plates for two days, sat on a bus for 5 hrs till they would let us board, CCL paid for that deal, and we still love it and will do it again. Don't know what the problems are with the A/c some have it some don't, the rest are personel problems. We are in a aft cabin this time and I'm sure we will enjoy it. :D We never had problems with staff or other passengers on any cruise.

I think this board is creating an unfair resonance to the Destiny.

I read one biased report, and then someone complaining about the AC (or were they really just hot. My wife opened the windows this morning cause SHE WAS HOT, while the thermostat read 63. Get the pills out babe).

Now all I read is people who haven't sailed on her posting that the A/C is bad on the lower decks, and there are Puerto Ricans on board. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

She's a fine ship, with great ports, and I had to turn the air down in my cabin.

I agree with Pholter - I had the world's best vacation on the Destiny - not once (2004) but twice (2006) and am planning another for 2007. We go in June and have had absolutely no issues with anything at all. The AC worked great. We've been on the Veranda deck with balcony and the Lido deck with balcony. The people on the cruise have been great - no problems with staff or other passengers. The latin flavor was not as evident as others have reported. The music was a combination of calipso, reggae, and Jimmy Buffett. Just what you should be looking for in a Southern Carribean cruise. The itinerary was what took us to the Destiny on our first trip but the wonderful ship, staff, food, and islands have taken us back again.

I have to chime in here and agree with pholter and Karlyn8. We sailed the Destiny three years in a row. Never had a problem with A/C, nor did the couples we sailed with. One couple had an inside cabin, the other two had balconies. All cabins were on decks 7 and 8. Did not experience rudeness or mayhem from any group of passengers on the ship, wherever they were from. Service was outstanding everywhere on the ship.

We would sail her again, but the new itinerary is a little port-intensive for us.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

I just recently posted a review of this ship. The ports made this a memorable vacation for me. And, yes I did have a good time. However, in all that I was reading prior to sailing, every comment I read was a bit vague as to why so many "would not sail out of Puerto Rico again." I had created a thread (its gone), and made postings as well as a review of what I witnessed on the ship.

"A cruise is what you make it" is a cute catch phrase. However, it attempts nullifies some legitimate complaints. If there are blantant things wrong week after week after month after month, there is an issue. I did not experience the maintenance problems others have but I would never downplay their experience. If it was one or two posters complaining, then yes it could be a very personal issue. However, some of the descriptions of the maintenance problems are horrific. It is very hot in the southern carribbean and I cannot imagine living for 7 days in a cabin with no a/c.

As for the cultural bias, that I saw and experienced. There is no fantasy in that. If you come with your own group, spend most of your ship time in your cabin or on your balcony, do not participate in the ship's activities, go to only one or two shows, are in bed at a relatively sane time and avoid the buffet, then you may not notice the cultural issues. However, if you are prone to participate and look for evening entertainment outside of your cabin, depending upon your taste in music and entertainment, you may very well be shut out of the activities on the ship. Every evening was salsa in the Criterion Lodge. Fact! Then there is the issue of the difference in cost to the locals and to the mainlanders or other foreigners. There is a difference in mindset when you are paying $99 - $150 to get on the ship and Uncle Jose is driving you to the port and when you have spent over $500 just to get to the ship plus upwards of $1000 for your cabin. Now this ship absolutely caters to the locals who are in some cases paying only the port taxes and charges.

If none of the above would bother you, then go forth and enjoy.

Every cruise to me is a blast, including this one. However, I saw and experienced what I saw and experienced.

Would I take this cruise again? Maybe but probably not. And if so, just to get to the ports that I loved. However, I would only do it if the price crashed like it did on my cruise. A single category 1A price was going for just over $300 three weeks before sail date. This cat. price was being offered to any of the inside cabins regardless of the cat. of the cabin.

Now, if you love the itinerary, go. However, be prepared to any of the issues stated in the previous posts and/or reviews.

No flames. I was on this ship a week ago.:cool:

We sailed the Destiny several years ago and nothing seems to have changed between then and now. I wouldn't do it again. We did not have A/C problems but definitely noticed the way things were geared toward the locals and not the general population on the cruise. Certain areas were closed because of their celebrations, areas which are normally open to anyone on the ship. We stayed one day pre-cruise in San Juan and really enjoyed immersing ourselves in the culture while on land. Not so on the ship. It was like a totally different group of people than I had met on land.

I would love to do the southern route again, but not on a ship that ends and begins in San Juan, on any line. I may have to look for something longer that sails out of Florida if I want to do this route again.

I also agree with Pholter and Karlyn8, i loved Destiny and had no A/C issues, the Itenerary was the best!! I only ran into 1 rude passenger and it was not a local.

"A cruise is what you make it" is a cute catch phrase. However' date=' it attempts nullifies some legitimate complaints. If there are blantant things wrong week after week after month after month, there is an issue. I did not experience the maintenance problems others have but I would never downplay their experience. [b']If it was one or two posters complaining, then yes it could be a very personal issue. However, some of the descriptions of the maintenance problems are horrific.[/b] It is very hot in the southern carribbean and I cannot imagine living for 7 days in a cabin with no a/c.

As for the cultural bias, that I saw and experienced. There is no fantasy in that. If you come with your own group, spend most of your ship time in your cabin or on your balcony, do not participate in the ship's activities, go to only one or two shows, are in bed at a relatively sane time and avoid the buffet, then you may not notice the cultural issues. However, if you are prone to participate and look for evening entertainment outside of your cabin, depending upon your taste in music and entertainment, you may very well be shut out of the activities on the ship. Every evening was salsa in the Criterion Lodge. Fact! Then there is the issue of the difference in cost to the locals and to the mainlanders or other foreigners. There is a difference in mindset when you are paying $99 - $150 to get on the ship and Uncle Jose is driving you to the port and when you have spent over $500 just to get to the ship plus upwards of $1000 for your cabin. Now this ship absolutely caters to the locals who are in some cases paying only the port taxes and charges.

Just bringing up two bits here:

#1- As most know here, only about 5-8% of cruise passengers post here, and there's been what?, 9-10 actual posts about A/C issues on the Destiny? The Destiny carries 2642 guests PER WEEK, that's 137,384 people per year, give or take. AND it's technically doing two intineraries, since it picks up guests in San Juan (mostly US passengers) on Sundays and drops them off the following Sundays; and picks up guests in Barbados (mostly international passengers) on Wednesdays and drops those off the following Wednesday. So it's more like 206,076 guests a year.

That means, by statistics, there should be about 10,304 posts/complaints about the A/C problems. And already in this post alone there have been 4 stating DIDN'T have A/C issues. But there's only been how many over the last year?, 15? 20? Out of 200,000 guests? If there is a serious issue with an environmental control on the ship, you don't think Carnival would work on it? Come on... they recently cancelled some cruises on the Celebration out of Jacksonville because of propulsion issues, so they could fix the issue. Maybe the A/C is overworked, since it has such a high rotation of guests? Maybe it's something CCL is looking into? Do any of us work for CCL? Are any of us on the ship currently or personally know an employee there now? More than likely not, so we "Joe Public" don't know the ins-and-outs of what the company is doing.

#2- Saying the Destiny "only caters to locals" is like saying any of the other ships only cater to people in Miami or Tampa or Galveston or wherever. And no, they don't get on for "port and taxes" only. Matter of fact, the ONLY people I've heard get that kind of deal are CCL employees, and even they need to go Stand By in order to get that (call your CVS or PVP, they'll let you know... I did, it's why I'm letting y'all know).

One thing I don't like is misinformation. And there's been a load in this post. The Destiny is in great shape, she's a popular ship in a popular line. She's full every week, apparently, since CCL still runs her out of San Juan (you seriously think they would keep a 2600 capacity ship in a port with out demand or profit, when there's TONS of US ports they could go to?, come on, they're a CORPORATION, they research...). But some people can't do anything better than knock something for the sake of knocking it.

Remember: opinions are like bellybuttons - everyone has one, and some are cute and some are not.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

#1- As most know here, only about 5-8% of cruise passengers post here, and there's been what?, 9-10 actual posts about A/C issues on the Destiny? The Destiny carries 2642 guests PER WEEK, that's 137,384 people per year, give or take. AND it's technically doing two intineraries, since it picks up guests in San Juan on Sundays and drops them off the following Sundays; and picks up guests in Barbados on Wednesdays and drops those off the following Wednesday. So it's more like 206,076 guests a year.

That means, by statistics, there should be about 10,304 posts/complaints about the A/C problems. And already in this post alone there have been 4 stating DIDN'T have A/C issues.

#2- Saying the Destiny "only caters to locals" is like saying any of the other ships only cater to people in Miami or Tampa or Galveston or wherever. And no, they don't get on for "port and taxes" only. Matter of fact, the ONLY people I've heard get that kind of deal are CCL employees, and even they need to go Stand By in order to get that (call your CVS or PVP, they'll let you know... I did, it's why I'm letting y'all know).

One thing I don't like is misinformation. And there's been a load in this post. The Destiny is in great shape, she's a popular ship in a popular line. She's full every week, apparently, since CCL still runs her out of San Juan (you seriously think they would keep a 2600 capacity ship in a port with out demand or profit, when there's TONS of US ports they could go to?, come on, they're a CORPORATION, they research...). But some people can't do anything better than knock something for the sake of knocking it.

Remember: opinions are like bellybuttons - everyone has one, and some are cute and some are not.

Just because everyone does not agree with you does not make it a lie.

As for the people that post here, while it is a small fraction of the people on the ship, everyone who does not post is not by process of elimination a happy camper. In fact, most people would not bother to post a negative b/c there is always someone on these boards who will attack them.

The thing about catering to locals is so bizarre because no other port does that. Any other port is a melting pot of everything. On Destiny there is no big band music, no easy listening music, no old school music, no waltzing music to dance to. It is either salsa (lots) or hip/hop/rap (less) to dance to. That is not fair to the middle american couple celebrating 40 years of marriage who may want to have a night on the town. They don't know salsa and certainly cannot be expected to dance to rap music. So what is left. It is quite unfair.

I will not disqualify each of your comments but just a few.

And yes, locals do get deep, deep, deep discounts in order to fill the ship. It is a well told secret. Happens on just about every ship -- including those out of florida/texas/new york/etc. It is just that the Destiny consistently does not fill up so there are so many more locals on that ship. Also, it is cost-prohibitive for the locals to fly to Florida or Texas so they tend to flock to the Destiny instead. I am from NYC but I choose to sail out of Florida most times. It is not as expensive for me to get to Florida as it would be for a citizen of PR to get to Miami. It is just not publicly announced. That does not make it a lie.

However, it is up to the OP to determine what they will do.

Most of the bad stuff coming off the Destiny are recent- Mostly since the begining of the summer.

We sailed in Sept.. the ports are fabulous and we were off the ship more then we were on. I think that is what saved the cruise for us. But come SUnday- I could not wait to get off the ship.

I agree with Cruzin Susan. Don't flame me either!!!

We cruised Destiny the first week oof 9/3/06. I have watched the reviews and comments made about that week, previous weeks, and the weeks that followed, both good and bad. I agree with most of them, good and bad. I had never felt the need to write a review I admit. I just read and lurk most of the time and get ideas and suggestions for future cruises. You are alll a great source I might add!

We have been on the Miracle and Liberty in the last year and a half. Granted those ships are newer. But the things we experienced on the Destiny, pale in comparison to anything we have ever experienced. Even the pre-mega ship days of Tropicale were more comfortable and enjoyable than anything we experienced on the Destiny.

I am amazed by those people who defend the ship without having actually experienced it firsthand.

We were one of the lucky people with litlle or no AC. We had a balcony on the Riviera deck. I had read previously that there were problems on CC. I prayed we wouldn't have a room like that but as soon as we got to the room, it was god awful hot and humid. We reported it right away, and they acted out various scenarios over the course of the week to make it seem like it was working. They removed the vent, sent people with air flow wands, etc. Having worked in building maintenance, it was obvious they felt the need to do a dog and pony show. The maintenance man admitted as much. After 3 days, we received a letter in the room stating they were aware of the problem, and to be assured they were trying to fix it. It never was. As for previous poster's comments about women who just feel warm or people that always feel warm, here is a fact.

I just happened to buy a new battery alarm clock, and it had a temp. gauge on it. Th room was a hot as 86F and the best we had was 76 on one night. If we left the drapes open during he day, it obviously got hotter immediately. So, we had to leave our beautiful, fully paid, not island discounted balcony window closed during the day.

When I talked to the girls at the purser desk, they acted like this was unusual, and they had not had any prior complaints on previous cruises. I finally said I had read about previous problems on CC and their attitude changed considerably as far as acting as if I was the first one to complain.

This was not a small problem as some on this board would have you believe. During the week we heard many (at least 20 different couples) talk about their AC problem. And yes, we also had people talk about being too cold. That usually was the nice problem we had on the Miracle and LIberty. On those nights it was great to crawl under the great Carnival bedding and stay warm or go out on the balcony to catch the warm breeze.

I know I have gone on too long, but the main complaint I had, was Carnival's refusal now and then to admit there was a problem. NO comp was offered to us. No new room was found because they said the ship was full.

I enjoyed the ports, the crew is desparately trying to work with what they are given, and the local crowd IS DEFINITELY CATERED TO. Would I go on this itinerary again? Probably, if they don't leave and return in Puerto Rico. The Puerto Rican people were great on shore.(we stayed 2 days precruise). There was definitely a different class of PR people represented on the ship!!! Would I go on the Destiny again? Not unless they do a complete dry dock rehab and convince me they have fixed the problems.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
I agree with Cruzin Susan. Don't flame me either!!!

We cruised Destiny the first week oof 9/3/06. I have watched the reviews and comments made about that week, previous weeks, and the weeks that followed, both good and bad. I agree with most of them, good and bad. I had never felt the need to write a review I admit. I just read and lurk most of the time and get ideas and suggestions for future cruises. You are alll a great source I might add!

We have been on the Miracle and Liberty in the last year and a half. Granted those ships are newer. But the things we experienced on the Destiny, pale in comparison to anything we have ever experienced. Even the pre-mega ship days of Tropicale were more comfortable and enjoyable than anything we experienced on the Destiny.

I am amazed by those people who defend the ship without having actually experienced it firsthand.

We were one of the lucky people with litlle or no AC. We had a balcony on the Riviera deck. I had read previously that there were problems on CC. I prayed we wouldn't have a room like that but as soon as we got to the room, it was god awful hot and humid. We reported it right away, and they acted out various scenarios over the course of the week to make it seem like it was working. They removed the vent, sent people with air flow wands, etc. Having worked in building maintenance, it was obvious they felt the need to do a dog and pony show. The maintenance man admitted as much. After 3 days, we received a letter in the room stating they were aware of the problem, and to be assured they were trying to fix it. It never was. As for previous poster's comments about women who just feel warm or people that always feel warm, here is a fact.

I just happened to buy a new battery alarm clock, and it had a temp. gauge on it. Th room was a hot as 86F and the best we had was 76 on one night. If we left the drapes open during he day, it obviously got hotter immediately. So, we had to leave our beautiful, fully paid, not island discounted balcony window closed during the day.

When I talked to the girls at the purser desk, they acted like this was unusual, and they had not had any prior complaints on previous cruises. I finally said I had read about previous problems on CC and their attitude changed considerably as far as acting as if I was the first one to complain.

This was not a small problem as some on this board would have you believe. During the week we heard many (at least 20 different couples) talk about their AC problem. And yes, we also had people talk about being too cold. That usually was the nice problem we had on the Miracle and LIberty. On those nights it was great to crawl under the great Carnival bedding and stay warm or go out on the balcony to catch the warm breeze.

I know I have gone on too long, but the main complaint I had, was Carnival's refusal now and then to admit there was a problem. NO comp was offered to us. No new room was found because they said the ship was full.

I enjoyed the ports, the crew is desparately trying to work with what they are given, and the local crowd IS DEFINITELY CATERED TO. Would I go on this itinerary again? Probably, if they don't leave and return in Puerto Rico. The Puerto Rican people were great on shore.(we stayed 2 days precruise). There was definitely a different class of PR people represented on the ship!!! Would I go on the Destiny again? Not unless they do a complete dry dock rehab and convince me they have fixed the problems.

Thank You.;)

I posted shortly after my Destiny cruise this past June on a thread and stated that we had some issues, and that this was DEFINITELY the least favorite of my 3 cruises (as far as the ship experience was concerned). One of the things I was unhappy with was the service in the dining room and I thought the food was just not as good as my previous 2 cruises. I simply made a statement. Someone posted shortly afterward with something like "why dont I ever seem to encounter this bad service" as though I were making it up.

I too felt like I was being labeled a complainer, or being picky or lying. I was simply posting what MY experience was, good and bad. Did I have a wonderful cruise...YES...were there issues....YES....would I cruise the previous 2 Carnival ships I have been on....YES...would I cruise Destiny again....Absolutely NOT!

I agree with Cruzman on what other's have posted, but I personally didn't find these problems and had the best vacation of my life on the Destiny!!! I'm looking forward to sailing her again with the new itinerary.

From what I've read, it seems that the lower cabins and the higher AFT cabins don't have the same types of issues reported with plumbing and A/C, but anything could happen on any ship I suppose.

I love the Caribbean/Latin flair on this cruise! :) :) The variety of music and entertainment was outstanding...

Pholter, there you go again! :) You didn't have these problems because you were on the Destiny two years ago. It's quite obvious things have changed since then. My favorite cruise of all was on the Tropicale, years ago. It was awesome. Where is this ship now? Somewhere in a dump I'm sure. If it were still sailing I wouldn't be raving about how awesome it was. I'm sure it's not awesome now just like the Destiny isn't.:rolleyes:

#1- As most know here, only about 5-8% of cruise passengers post here, and there's been what?, 9-10 actual posts about A/C issues on the Destiny?

You're correct. Most people that cruise don't put their reviews on here. I met quite a few on the Destiny a few weeks ago that did not have a/c and also had other complaints. I asked them if they were familiar with CC. They were not. If they were, you'd see even more posts about the problems. Also, CC is not the only "cruise review" website on the internet. Go check out some of the others! You will see the same compalints. I'd post the one I'm referring to, but it will get "bleeped out". I'd advise anyone considering sailing on the Destiny to go find the other website I'm talking about. You will see what I mean.

Cruzin Suzin....I think everyone thinks we're full of "hot air". :)

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

#1- As most know here, only about 5-8% of cruise passengers post here, and there's been what?, 9-10 actual posts about A/C issues on the Destiny?

You're correct. Most people that cruise don't put their reviews on here. I met quite a few on the Destiny a few weeks ago that did not have a/c and also had other complaints. I asked them if they were familiar with CC. They were not. If they were, you'd see even more posts about the problems. Also, CC is not the only "cruise review" website on the internet. Go check out some of the others! You will see the same compalints. I'd post the one I'm referring to, but it will get "bleeped out". I'd advise anyone considering sailing on the Destiny to go find the other website I'm talking about. You will see what I mean.

Cruzin Suzin....I think everyone thinks we're full of "hot air". :)

There is a reason why I rant and rave on this board about Destiny. If I write a letter of complaint to Carnival only two people see that letter. The person in Customer Service who reads it and me. At best, they will give me a credit for $100 or so on a future cruise and my issues are buried. However, if I post an honest review, start interesting threads or posts comments that tell the true nitty gritty, thousands of potential customers will see it. CC is the most popular of the cruise boards and many, many, many people read these threads that never sign up as members or post anything themselves.

Now tell me which is likely to get a rise out of Carnival? A letter or a CC thread/review/post being viewed by thousands of cruisers?:cool:

There is a method to my madness.

Also, I saw the look of extreme disappointment in the faces of several honeymooners when trying to enjoy their "first" cruise and being treated like second class citizens on the ship. It was not fair. That angers me more than anything.:mad: How dare Carnival. How could they?

There is a reason why I rant and rave on this board about Destiny. If I write a letter of complaint to Carnival only two people see that letter. The person in Customer Service who reads it and me. At best' date=' they will give me a credit for $100 or so on a future cruise and my issues are buried. However, if I post an honest review, start interesting threads or posts comments that tell the true nitty gritty, thousands of potential customers will see it. CC is the most popular of the cruise boards and many, many, many people read these threads that never sign up as members or post anything themselves.

Now tell me which is likely to get a rise out of Carnival? A letter or a CC thread/review/post being viewed by thousands of cruisers?:cool:

There is a method to my madness.

Also, I saw the look of extreme disappointment in the faces of several honeymooners when trying to enjoy their "first" cruise and being treated like second class citizens on the ship. It was not fair. That angers me more than anything.:mad: How dare Carnival. How could they?[/quote']

My thoughts exactly Suzin!

Some people got a $50 onboard credit and some got up to $200 (on the ship). Not sure how many people did get credits because I didn't spend all my time at the Purser's desk to listen to all the complaints. I don't want a "future credit" because I will NOT sail on any Carnival ship again. I'm moving up to the better cruise lines. Carnival lies at the bottom and it's a well known fact. It always has and probably always will.

My thoughts exactly Suzin!

Some people got a $50 onboard credit and some got up to $200 (on the ship). Not sure how many people did get credits because I didn't spend all my time at the Purser's desk to listen to all the complaints. I don't want a "future credit" because I will NOT sail on any Carnival ship again. I'm moving up to the better cruise lines. Carnival lies at the bottom and it's a well known fact. It always has and probably always will.

One less person taking up a deck chair...good!

More room for us who have no issues with Carnival.. :D

Pholter, there you go again! :) You didn't have these problems because you were on the Destiny two years ago. It's quite obvious things have changed since then. My favorite cruise of all was on the Tropicale, years ago. It was awesome. Where is this ship now? Somewhere in a dump I'm sure. If it were still sailing I wouldn't be raving about how awesome it was. I'm sure it's not awesome now just like the Destiny isn't.:rolleyes:

Sweetie, I've been reading and participating in Destiny/Cruise Critic and other boards for years and the Destiny (as well as many other ships) reported A/C, Plumbing, Service, Food, Kids, and other problems well before I ever took my cruise. I have also posted that the same problems were reported just weeks before my cruise. WE EXPERIENCED NO PROBLEMS ON THE DESTINY, NOR DID ANYONE OF THE OTHER PASSENGERS WE ENCOUNTED THAT WEEK. :) :) It is also quite obvious that others cruising in the past 2 months are not experiencing the same issues that some posters are writing about either. I've been reading some awesome reviews and some not so awesome reviews. Personally, I can't wait to cruise the Destiny again with all my favorite Puerto Rican friends we met from the 1st time around. I'm betting it will be better than ever with St. Lucia and Antigua added to the mix. :) I'm very sorry that you didn't get what you expected from your cruise, but please stop beating those up that did and were on the same sailing as you. All opinions matter and I take them all into account....

Archived