South America Information

Jancruz

I have found out the following information today:

1) The information on pre and post Iguasu Falls trips will be posted

on Oceania's website by the end of the week.

2) Iguasu Falls will be sold as a shore excursion on the February 2,

Buenos Aires to Rio

3) Hotel Packages 1 or two nights will include 1 way transfer..for

instance

1 or 2 nights pre hotel include airport to hotel and hotel to ship..

1 or 2 night post include ship to hotel and hotel to airport

4) Additional transfer may be purchased separately

Jan

Jan said that the Falls would be a shore excursion on the Feb 2 cruise. For the Jan. 3 cruise, it would be a pre-cruise option. The Jan. 3 cruise is headed in the wrong direction for the falls to be a shore excursion.

We're looking at the pre-cruise hotel package in Buenos Aires. My TA is reporting that Oceania says the package includes the hotel-to-ship transfer but not the airport-to-hotel transfer. That's not surprising since Oceania is charging $70 for airport-to-ship transfers, but it is different from what Jan reported.

The pre-cruise hotel package may still make sense for us because we can avoid the air deviation fee that we would pay if we booked a hotel directly at a cheaper rate. I also noticed that Marriott, which Oceania is using in BA, is reporting no availability on Jan. 1 and 2. I don't know whether Oceania is holding a block of rooms or will move passengers to another hotel.

Hi,

Your travel agent is incorrect..the transfers airport to hotel ARE included have her/him call again.. if there is a problem have them mention my name and ask the VP

Jan

Thanks, Jan. I'll give it another try. Both transfers plus a hotel night for $125 per person seemed too good to be true so I didn't question the answer that my TA got from Oceania. The wording on Oceania's web site is vague on this point; it refers to ship and hotel but not airport. I can understand why their agents might be confused.

Roger

Jan is 100% right. On a follow-up call, my TA was told that Oceania's agents just received email stating that the airport-hotel transfers are included in the package price. This information was also added to their web site since yesterday. Thanks, Jan.

Roger

Jan,

Do you happen to know if...............

the hotel deal includes breakfast? Oceania's website doesn't say?

its a standard or upgraded room since Oceania's website says luxurious accomodation should I assume it's upgraded?

Archived