New Serenade Cruiser asks what is "The Quest"

Don't worry Robyn; on the Voyager class ships (so maybe on the Freedom class), they have the Quest in the ice rink. The captains are on the ice rink floor; the participants are in the seats. .

Robyn's going on the Radiance which does it in a lounge instead of an ice skating rink. That's why I say get there early and get a seat right on the edge of the dance floor then you don't have a far distance to go.

Hey, the mad dash to the CD is half the fun! maybe more than half................

(had to buy the cruise video when my son was, um, an important member of our winning Quest team............)

I have my medal sitting right here by my computer. :D

We looked forward to Quest on Serenade and arrived at 9:30 for the 10:30 event. We were unable to find seats or even standing room in the Safari Club. That was disappointing. The other odd thing is that we didn't hear much chatter about it. There were a lot of older people on the Hawaii cruise, CD was Matt Sole. I guess it was sort of a non event. :)

Merion Mom, Wrona. I'm on vacation this week following 2 week cruise. I'm in California, i'ts like 3 AM where you both are....and you're stilll up??? LOL:D

I'm not working at the moment so my hours are flexible. I don't know about Carol but I suspect some students in Merion, PA will have a tired teacher tomorrow.

Tomorrow is PSAT day. I don't have to teach until noon, because all of my 10th and 11th graders will be taking the test the first 4 to 5 periods of the day.

:)

So do you have to go and stand on the sidelines to monitor it like our teachers had to do?

So do you have to go and stand on the sidelines to monitor it like our teachers had to do?

Every year, year after year, I have to do that. For the first time, I got out of that duty. (it helps that the College Guidance Counselor, who administers the test, is my buddy. :)She's a Carol, too. We form the Carol Club. :D)

Every year, year after year, I have to do that. For the first time, I got out of that duty. (it helps that the College Guidance Counselor, who administers the test, is my buddy. :)She's a Carol, too. We form the Carol Club. :D)

Hey, lucky you!! I remember the PSATs well, and the SATs and the ACTs. Sort of wish I could go back and take those tests instead of the one I'm trying to conquer now, especially since I had no troubles on those tests.:rolleyes:

So true about the sports bra! Just be prepared for the Cruise Director to make a comment about it, such as he did with my wife's 40DD one! LOL

And....when they say at the end "and if you lose the pants, you'll get more points..." remember there are different definitions of the word 'pants.' I took him literally and ended up displaying my bare behind for all to see!!! It was a hoot though and it got me a few free drinks afterwards! LOL

Where do I find the link to see the pictures? I'm wondering if my rear end is on the net for everyone to see? I've not seen the pics yet so would love to see them! LOL

Enjoy it...and go with an open mind. As our CD said, "Folks, if you're going to take offense at anything that happens tonight, go take your knitting into the library!" Too funny.....

MJ.

We looked forward to Quest on Serenade and arrived at 9:30 for the 10:30 event. We were unable to find seats or even standing room in the Safari Club. That was disappointing. The other odd thing is that we didn't hear much chatter about it. There were a lot of older people on the Hawaii cruise, CD was Matt Sole. I guess it was sort of a non event. :)

PB....you mean you missed seeing my bare behind???? You should have stuck around. We didn't get there till late but found seats at the back by the windows! Had a blast...mostly at my expense, especially when I slipped on the dance floor and pulled a groin injury!!! But it was a lot of fun. We should have won after what I did!!!!!! LOL

Cheers! MJ.

Hey NotNed! How the hell are ya? I think PBHunt was on the Hawaii to Ensenada cruise after us that is why she missed you! Are you still limping? Too bad dh couldn't get in to videotape your "display" but there were too many people clustering around to get a good shot-ha ha. We were in Waikiki for five days afterward and had some more rain:( but at least we got home before the earthquake!!

For anyone who missed "NotNed's" performance at Quest - it definitely was a sight to behold:D He was also wonderful at Karaoke and made it to the finals - did you hear us cheering for you? I was screaming at the top of my lungs-lol. I just remembered that he was also in the Sexy Legs competition - the guy got around, I'll tell you! It was wonderful to see someone participate in everything the ship had to offer.

Great meeting you Michael and maybe we will see you again in the future on our next cruise!

CanuckCruizer

Hey there Hon......nice to see you on here! And yes, I did hear you and your friends cheering me on at the Kareoke! Thanks for that. It's too bad they couldn't drop the pitch down a tone. It was just that wee bit too high for me....as my wife kept telling me!!!! Still, it was only fun eh?

As for the Quest....well, once in a while (depending on the position I'm in!;) it still hurts! But basically all better now! I really was a twit wasn't I? I don't think RCCI will ever let me sail again! No wonder I have to take a different cruise line for each trip I take!!!!! LOL Oh what the Hell, I just love to have fun. Did you buy the video? I'm on it a few times! Robert, the Scotsman who won the sexy legs is on it too. Once we got to know him, we really enjoyed him and his friends and DWs!

So where are you going next? We're looking at a New Zealand/Cook Islands/Hawaii for March 2008. We've got our vacation plans in place for 2007...all land based.

Great to meet you too....drop me a note at mdenton@shaw.ca if you feel inclined. It would be fun to hear from you!

Chees! Michael.

Who said Quest is not physically demanding??? I strained a hamstring doing the splitz (at 47, I can still do splitz...but ya gotta stretch first..I didn't!) and one of our traveling buddies swore somebody hit him in the back of the leg with a golf ball...he pulled his calf muscle running up there. We were both fine. It's really nice when you come home with your cruise video and show your kids their dad and another man, skipping and holding hands (with no shirt on)! Or, the other cruise video where there dad has a purse, lipstick and womens shoes on...We've been on 2 cruises, participated both times and had a BLAST! Go play and if you don't play...ya just gotta watch! It's amazing...haha Was all that TMI?

Who said Quest is not physically demanding??? I strained a hamstring doing the splitz (at 47, I can still do splitz...but ya gotta stretch first..I didn't!) and one of our traveling buddies swore somebody hit him in the back of the leg with a golf ball...he pulled his calf muscle running up there. We were both fine. It's really nice when you come home with your cruise video and show your kids their dad and another man, skipping and holding hands (with no shirt on)! Or, the other cruise video where there dad has a purse, lipstick and womens shoes on...We've been on 2 cruises, participated both times and had a BLAST! Go play and if you don't play...ya just gotta watch! It's amazing...haha Was all that TMI?

The perfect video to show at the holiday parties. :D

NotNed - No we didn't buy the video. DH took a lot of video - hasn't gone through it yet to see what he has. If we find anything interesting, I'll e-mail you-ha ha. We are giving Celebrity a try in the spring on the Constellation in the Southern Caribbean and then the Freedom next fall. We love the Voyager Class ships, so really looking forward to seeing the Freedom. We hung out with Tammiebrooke and family at The Royal Hawaiian after the cruise - it was great. We actually saw a few cruisers around Waikiki as well. We bumped into Wongri (Rita) and her family at the Halekalani (I think that is how you spell it) so that was funny to see people off the ship. We had quite a few on our plane home as well from the cruise.

Canuck

Hey Canuck.....I have the CD. If you ever want to see it sometime, email me and I'll loan it to you! (Or better.....:)

We bumped into a few folks from the cruise too while having a drink and rest in a pub in Honolulu. Everyone said what a terrific time they'd had.

Good for you for going again so soon. I think we'll only be able to afford one cruise a year, but the next one will be in 2008. We've got Arizona/Vegas in Jan/Feb and then Mexico in October. So land based for us next year (except my cruises on BC Ferries! lol)

Great to hear from you. Drop me a note - it would be good to hear from you. mdenton@shaw.ca

Cheers!

DJ....I hear ya! I didn't do the intentional splits, but after parading around at the end wearing almost NOTHING, I slipped on the dance floor in DW's high heels and sure did the splits then! Pulled my groin so badly I could hardly walk for two weeks! Still hurts at times :D

Good for you for participating though....the only way to enjoy a cruise!

Cheers! MJ.

Hi Canuck!

Sorry we didn't get to see more of you on the cruise...did you enjoy it as much as we did? After all the planning...it's hard to believe it's over already...we had a very long flight home after the cruise, but it was ok because the cruise was well worth the aggravation of being up for almost 36 hours on the way home again. :D Next cruise is a wedding cruise for my son on Explorer next August and then the following year (2008) we are looking at Freedom or Liberty to give them a try. We loved Serenade, she was a beautiful ship but we love the voyager class ships and have a hard time getting away from them and all they have to offer. I got some prices while I was on board Serenade and actually Liberty of the Seas was pricing out cheaper than Freedom...so we'll see. Nice to see you on the board again...I missed all our chats and it's so nice to be off that darn diet for a little while anyway! :D

CP

Hi CruisePrincess! We looked for you everywhere on the ship and never saw you once - it was unbelievable! Tammie & I kept saying "Where's CruisePrincess?"-lol I think you and your dh must have been hiding out or something! We kept seeing many members from the Meet 'n Mingle - but never you! We had a great time (despite getting rained on at various ports and in Waikiki) but glad to be home before the earthquake happened. Still trying to get back in the swing of things - finally finished unpacking, but still doing laundry, if you can believe it. Yes, we love the Voyager Class ships as well and are trying out the Freedom next fall. I think Tammie and family might try out the Liberty in 2008, so you might see them. Hope to bump into you again on another cruise:)

Canuck

Archived