Bridge Tour?

kr4625

We purchased the deluxe honeymoon package. On the website it includes a bridge tour while in port, but the paperwork we received from Princess for the package includes everything but the bridge tour.

Has anyone done this? My fiance loved the idea or we would have never purchased the package for just the other stuff.

Please let us know about the bridge tour if you don't mind.

Thanks!!

Whether or not you get the bridge tour depends on the ship, the captain, and the ports. Since 9/11 they rarely happen but sometimes you luck out.

This is NOT true. Many people have had bridge tours since 9/11. My daughter and her husband just had one last month and my husband and I had one a year ago.

I left a note for the captain at the pursers desk requesting one, and received an invitation a couple days later. :)

We purchased the deluxe honeymoon package. On the website it includes a bridge tour while in port, but the paperwork we received from Princess for the package includes everything but the bridge tour.

Has anyone done this? My fiance loved the idea or we would have never purchased the package for just the other stuff.

Please let us know about the bridge tour if you don't mind.

Thanks!!

Wait until you get on board and check with the pursers desk. The captain's schedule changes daily and I don't think they schedule bridge tours very far in advance. Bring along your paper work showing the tour is included in your package. :)

We purchased the deluxe renewal package this past July on the Tahitian. It was wonderful - and well worth the $$. In addition to the Renewal Ceremony and all the goodies in the package - We were given a private tour while at sea the day after our renewal. Our Captain was so fantastic - the tour lasted around an hour. I'm sure alot depends on the ship and the Captain - but, it worked for us.

Sandy

We had a bridge tour on our cruise last year too. We went with on the tour with a large group (that we weren't travelling with) actually, and as I recall our group wasn't the only group. They organized it somehow, by deck/cabin or something and those who wanted to go could sign up...I'm not sure if there was a charge, but I don't remember paying one so I don't think so.

We too have purchased the deluxe anniversary package for our upcoming Tahitian b2b. I am hoping to get the bridge tour. Based on our previous Princess experiences, whether or not you get a bridge tour IS very dependant on the captain and ship. It is not guarenteed.

We had a bridge tour on the Diamond last July. My sister dropped a note off at the purser's office and the next day she received a reply saying that it would depend on how many people request it. The day before the bridge tour, we received an invitation from the captain to meet at a certain place and time. It was a treat. No charge.

We received one in August with our deluxe renewal of vows package on the CB. It took place while we were AT SEA no less. We received notification in our cabin the day before. We were told we could stay as long as we wanted and take as many pictures as we wanted, just no video. The captain spoke to us for about 30 minutes, answering questions, etc. Then we took pictures for another 15 minutes or so. We recieved a paper similar to the Patter but it was entirely about our trip to the bridge. It contained info about how the ship works and runs etc. We loved it and had a great time.

We also had a bridge tour on the Island Princess on our return from the Islands in January. I dropped a card off to the Captain on the day of embarkation and we received our invitation toward the end of our cruise - the day before our tour. This was another holiday suprise for my family and our traveling friends. They all loved it!

We were with a larger group and it was fun. We did not get to meet the captain, but our Officer guide was wonderful. I found that he was from the same hometown as my favorite hockey player, so we had something to talk about while others looked like we were nuts!

There are pics from our bridge tour in my signature link for the Island Princess trip. The kids had fun at the wheel, pretending to steer (the ship is almost always on "auto pilot" - but we were allows to "steer" )- plenty of opportunity to take pictures & ask questions. They even had an illustration board of the ship building & previous dry dock.

So to the OP - I would just inquire at the purser's desk when you embark and see what they say. A nice note to the captain never does any harm either. I hope you get to take the tour and it really was a nice treat.

We had a bridge tour on the Diamond last July. My sister dropped a note off at the purser's office and the next day she received a reply saying that it would depend on how many people request it. The day before the bridge tour, we received an invitation from the captain to meet at a certain place and time. It was a treat. No charge.
Yes, drop a nice request to the captain through the pursers desk and I believe it will occur if possible. That's how we did it last time.

Archived