Blessed by the upgrade and upsell fairy.

SnorkelBear

Thanks to the fairy, we will be sailing onboard the Noordam in the nicest cabin we have ever sailed in. We purchased an SY Guar. Last week we were assigned an SS cabin, and this morning we were offered an upsell to an SB. We were able to get a corner aft for us and one for the inlaws on the other corner.

Now we are really looking forward to celebrating our 10th anniversary and our first HAL cruise. So far, I love HAL. May you all be visited by the fairy soon.headbang.gif.0fb612e74b5a28ecfa97d970d9e316af.gif

Thanks to the fairy, we will be sailing onboard the Noordam in the nicest cabin we have ever sailed in. We purchased an SY Guar. Last week we were assigned an SS cabin, and this morning we were offered an upsell to an SB. We were able to get a corner aft for us and one for the inlaws on the other corner.

Now we are really looking forward to celebrating our 10th anniversary and our first HAL cruise. So far, I love HAL. May you all be visited by the fairy soon.[ATTACH]30509[/ATTACH]

Congratulations on the tenth anniversary and on your snagging the corner aft cabins. It looks like you are ready to cruise in fine style.

Our situation on the Prinsendam recently was just the opposite of yours. we took an upsell from our Cat C to an SS and then received a visit from the upgrade fairy that put us in an SA. We were quite pleased, to say the least:D

We are new to cruising, CCL-Valor-Eastern Caribbean 6/05. HAL-Westerdam-12/06. How do you get the upgrades. we are in a Verandah room would love to be able to get a small suite. Any suggestions?

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason on upgrades on any cruise line.

As for upsells, let your TA or PVP know you would be interested and call them periodically to see about it.

I just did that for my parents (who are currently on the Noordam in a SA) - I called and finally got an upsell and did that for my Mom's birthday present.

SnorkelBear, I hope I am not being too personal is asking and if I am, just ignore my question. Would you mind stating how much more per person you paid for the upsell? Not asking what the total price was, just the difference between what you were paying and the upsell price?

Diane

Legalslave...

I'm not SnorkelBear, but I thought I'd chime in here since I'm so excited about my upsell. I just upgraded 2 cabins from SS to SA on Zuiderdam for $199pp. Can't wait...this is our first suite on HAL and I'm trying to keep it a secret from DH.:)

We were able to get a corner aft for us and one for the inlaws on the other corner.

Schnorkelbearguy - WOW! That is some prime real estate you got yourself. I am shocked that those corner afts weren't already snapped up.

Congrats on the new digs & the anniversary. :)

Archived