Air travel to NYC for Norwegian Crown

jgsterling

You don't say where you are coming from. Most of the US you can get to LGA easiest. That is the closest and least expensive airport to the Manhattan piers where teh crown leaves from. If you are coming from the coast or non- Canadian overseas, you will need to go to either Kenedy of Newark. EWR(newark is closer than Kennedy but the cost for a cab is more to Newark than Kennedy but by only a few dollars.

It was $20 per ticket to fly into Newark than JFK or LGA. We are staying a pre-cruise day at the Embassy Suites at Battery Park, not too far from the Holland Tunnel.

The price stayed pretty consistant for the last few months, $220 to EWK, $240 to JFK/LGA.

Have fun Cruzin!

Jacquelyn :D

We are also flying in next September for a cruise but because we are flying out of Lafayette, LA we have to fly into Newark (a lot cheaper) Does anyone know how far and how much for a cab (or another means of transportation). We will have many bags so we cannot get on a subway. I am not familiar with the subway system as we don't have any here but I would like to stay 2 days pre cruise in Manhattan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We are also flying in next September for a cruise but because we are flying out of Lafayette, LA we have to fly into Newark (a lot cheaper) Does anyone know how far and how much for a cab (or another means of transportation). We will have many bags so we cannot get on a subway. I am not familiar with the subway system as we don't have any here but I would like to stay 2 days pre cruise in Manhattan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To Manhattan the cabs cost about $55.00(depending on where in Manhattan you are going). There is an airport bus that takes you to Manhattan for less. Where you then take a cab. The PANYNJ web site lists all the options. I'll find it for you and post it...I've been to Lafayette and stayed in a great B and B LeFrars or something like that.

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/airports/html/ewr_transportation.html#manhattan

With all those bags- don't consider anything but a cab or car service.

Archived