Another Crown Review - October 9th sailing

HMSDingy

What can I say. IMHO the cruise was perfect with a few minor exceptions.

Embarkation:

It took about 45 minutes from getting off the Princes transfer to boarding.

The Ship:

Our cabin, an ocean view on the Emerald deck was comfortable and clean. The room temperature was fine and if not, the thermostat did the trick. Plenty of hangers and shelves. Nice fluffy pillows and duvet. The shower was a tad small and if you dropped the soap; too bad!!:p. But for what we did in the bathroom it served its purpose.

We had anytime dining in the Da Vinci diningroom and our table and time was arranged with the Maitre D' on the first day. Why dine at a buffet when you can eat in elegance in the diningrooms. The menu was quite diverse with many choices. We like wine with our meals and orderd a bottle very night. The wine list was very good with many wines to satisfy many tastes. We also found the prices to be well in tune to what we normally pay. We usually had our breakfasts in the Horizon Court and Caribe; buffet style. To me a buffet is a buffet is a buffet. Anybody expecting more should get out more often. We also had the pizza and found that also quite good. We also found Sabatini's great.

Entertainment;

I have to say that the cruise entertainment staff were such a great bunch of enthusiastic kids who always kept the ball rolling and Omar Hugo was a perfect cruise director. We found the entertainment for the most part to be quite good. Comparing the show to Broadway type revues is outlandish. If you want Broadway stay in New York!

The only exception was that because of high winds, we missed Bermuda. Maybe it was the triangle!!!:eek:

Loud in yer face New Yorkers? None. Line jumpers? None. Chair hogs? Too many chairs for that. Loud MUTS? Last flick I saw at my local movie theatre my teeth rattled. And if you sat at the Terrace Pool (our favorite) or in the foreward pool, all you heard was either piped in island music or the goings on by the pool. The staff was great and for the amount of work they do and the hours they put in, I salute them.

We have no qualms about our cruise and will sail Princess again.

Questions? Ask away:D

We took the 9/30 sailing and loved the cruise as well--disappointed we didn't make it to Bermuda, but will save that cruise for Spring. I would suggest eliminating Bermuda from the itinerary in the Fall since 3 cruises didn't make it. I'd rather have another tropical island like St. Marten than 3 consecutive sea days home.

We were also on the 10/9 cruise and it was the best Princess cruise we've been on. Don't miss the Crown Grill--it was great. Order everything on the menu if you want to, but save room for the desserts--fantastic. Eat in the dining rooms for the better food and service-and a bonus: everything is hot. Skip the buffets as thay are just OK-the same as any other Princess ship. MUTS was really nice at night-blankets, MUTS cushion covers with headrest, popcorn and they sell "movie candy". Try not to fall asleep. A word about the Broadway type shows: we go to many plays and musicals in NYC and this was the first Princess cruise that approached, in some ways, true Broadway. The dancers were the best, the costumes wonderful, and the one highlight was the Cole Porter tribute. Note: Don't miss the behind the scenes tour of the Princess Theater-best ship tour and it was given on the last day at sea.

After reading many negative reveiws of this ship I was pleasantly suprised and happy to "sea" that Princess has improved(our 4th Princess cruise). Even missing Bermuda because of high winds did not spoil a truely great cruising experience.

BTW-someone bought a $38,000 painting and then a $98,000 painting at the auctions. Paulette and Michael(cruisemates)-if you're reading this, you added so much to our total enjoyment of this cruise.

Cruiseapril; As expected.

Bickee; Sorry but we didn'y try the Sanctuary. We were already being spoiled by the great staff.

Willysgrandma; We really never asked for a receipt but we did check our bill regularly and never noticed any mistakes.

Darnailz; How can you be overcharged if you sign the bill. Whenever I ordered drinks I would check the price and compare it to the receipt. I never noticed a discrepancy. And if there was, just bring it up with the waiter. Don't you check the amount when buying with a credit card before signing the slip? Same thing here.

Archived