Westerdam aft corner suite and balcony

teachergal29

I am interested in just how much of the balcony is exposed and uncovered compared to what is under some kind of cover. We are on the Rotterdam deck aft corner and was wondering just how much could be seen by the above decks. Also is the cabin any smaller since the outside deck(balcony) is so large? Thanks ahead of time for any info.

The cabin is a little smaller than the SAs. We were in SC5186 deck 5 aft port corner. There is not a lot of coverage on the partof the veranda that faces aft, the side of the veranda port or starboard is completely covered.

Here is a link to our pictures. The cabin and veranda pictures are on page 4 of the slideshow.

http://community.webshots.com/album/554456434vmsmzT

GN

Hi! Here's another photo from Webshots that may help...because you're 2 decks above GrannyNurse (on Rotterdam, not Verandah) you would be the second deck down from the Dutch flag shown. The only aft balconies that are completely covered are on Navigation deck (but as youcan see, they're smaller!)http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1192739287051717522rNnZPF

The interior of those staterooms are only slightly larger than an SS/SY - not the full size of the SA: little more walking room at the end of the beds than an SS/SY and the smaller leather sofa instead of the sectional sofa - however it still has the additional closet space and dressing room and dry-bar area of the SA category.

Enjoy!

We were in 8128 (I believe it would be just above the cabin you are discussing or on the opposite side of the ship) - it's a SB.

There is quite a bit of deck exposed on your level - maybe a little is under the overhang of the 8th deck balconies. The 8th deck (where we were) is entirely covered by Lido deck.

Every day - when we stood up on our balcony, the gentleman below us used to wave and talk. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, I'm not terribly social until copious amounts of coffee have been introduced into my system;)

The room is a bit "compact" since the furniture is large. Visually, it can appear a bit cramped (we had to move one of the chairs each time to access some of the cabinet space - yes, I know, I take *way* too much on vacation). However, the dressing area was fine - though the SA is much better for that. The bed was comfortable and the window above the desk is fantastic to sit at and write and have a view!

We found the side balcony to be a bit narrow for our tastes and rather windy while underway and, therefore, did not utilize it other than peer over the side during tender and such.

It was a lovely suite overall.

we have traveled twice in an aft suite on the Westerdam, once in 7133 and once in 5186. We loved it. My husband said that he felt like a king on that balcony. In the late afternoons there was no shade, but other than that there was a shady spot someplace on the verandah. That verandah will hold 20 people easily. There is seating for 9. It's a great place for a party.

Roberta

Roberta, I could not agree with you more but...shhhhhhh! we need to keep this a secret otherwise when we want to book these cabins they will all be taken:( or worse yet HAL will get the idea these really are a premium location and will raise the prices;)

Archived