Great Site for airline prices

pjgavaghan

I personally like Side Step ...It's the same type of application as www.itasoftware.com but I believe they work with more Airlines providing more prices.

One thing we have to remember...they all are spyware. If you have Spyware bot (like Search and destroy) installed it will detect it.

been checking prices on this site for a trip to fla and one to calif and when i call the airline their prices are higher then on the site and the airline basically says dont know about those prices and these are the prices :confused: :confused:

This is always tough to recommend which way to book air. I'm a travel agent and I usually prefer that customer books their air through the cruise line. Let me explain why I perfer this method. I'm not sure where you live but, I live in the snowy Northeast in NJ. If a customer books their air on their own...that's it, you're on your own. More than likely the Cruise Line will do little or nothing to help you should your flight be delayed or cancelled. If air is booked by the cruise line, they are more than helpful and will do everything in their power to get you to the ship in time for departure. However, in cases when you wish to fly down a day ahead of time, at least you have a day's grace should anything go wrong. It's something you need to discuss with your traveling companion or companions and just make sure everyone knows the pluses and minuses of booking your own air. The biggest plus is being able to select your own airline and route and more than likely get a better price than what the cruise line will charge you. Also, if your cruise is already booked, it's never too early to shop for your air. Right now there are some really good prices out there - for example as of today vs yesterday prices (in my NY/NJ market) here are some air fares:

Newark, NJ (EWR) to New Orleans, LA (MSY) - Roundtrip

New Price: $103.00 Old Price: $223.00 You save:$120.00

Newark, NJ (EWR) to West Palm Beach, FL (PBI) - Roundtrip

New Price: $103.00 Old Price: $215.00 You save: $112.00

Also, I want to make everyone aware that airline prices change rapidly and that's why booking when you see a low price is very important. I've made reservations for people and lost the great price because they wait too long to make up their minds. I would highly recommend signing up with Travelocity at http://www.travelocity.com/ and on that home page you'll see "Airfare Updates by Email!" this is a FREE service that allows you to keep track of airline prices. It's really easy to set up and use, it will take the headaches out of fare watching!

BTW :D http://www.itasoftware.com/ is actually intended for travel agents to put on their websites. But the public can absolutely use it!

Enjoy your cruise!

Tina from NJ

Remember, often the low cost carriers are not affiliated with the sites of Travelocity, Expedia, etc. Do check with the airlines online. All the airlines are in a sale now that includes flights till mid November. AirTran's sale ends tonight and very good prices. Also Southwest and JetBlue are currently on sale.

Archived