Residence Inn Port Canaveral - cruise and park

junobeach

Has anyone used the cruise and park option for the new Residence Inn in Port Canaveral? I will be staying there in November. I was wondering if their shuttle is reliable to the port, and more importantly when we need after the cruise. Have a 12:30 flight from Orlando, and want to have the shuttle pick me up early from the pier to get my car from the hotel. Thanks.

WE stayed at the Residence Inn in May and will be there again in

December. The shuttle came immediately when we got back to the pier and we were on our way within an hour of arriving. The hotel is great. I would highly recommend it and the shuttle service. You get a hot breakfast included with your room and the port is within eyesight. We could see the Disney ship at the pier from the parking lot but not ours. But the port is right there.

When we were that this past September for our Disney Wonder Cruise we just rented the car from Budget at Orlando Airport and drove to the Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral and had the car for the 1 day, the next day we just drove down the street from the Residence Inn and returned the car there in Cape Canaveral at the Budget Rental Place, then Budget has a free shuttle that took us directly to the ship.

When we returned from the Cruise, we used Thrifty Car Rental, They were there at the Port as soon as we got off the ship, they shuttled us back to the Thrifty Car rental Agency which is about a half mile farther down the road from where Budget Rental Agency was, not a big deal.

The reason we used Thrifty on the return trip back to Orlando was because we got a better price. We were in our car and on our way to Orlando by 8:30am.

No need to use the Cruise and Park Option at Residence Inn if you are renting a car, Both Thrifty and Budget have free shuttles to and from the Port.

Jimbo:)

We stayed there in July..nice, new property with a very nice breakfast buffet.

We used Art's shuttle from Orlando to Residence Inn the day before. The next morning we went to the port by taxi as it was a little cheaper and we could go at any time. The shuttle from Residence Inn begins at 11:30am and we were already at the port by that time and on the ship by 11:40. We always like to get to the ship early, in hopes of getting on earlier.

Suezeq, I cannot remember the exact cost of the cab, but it was cheaper than the shuttle per person and the shuttle is not much at all. The cab company had large vans with trailer(s) for larger groups. I just thought it was a great deal and we got to the port early. The desk clerk will call a cab for you so you do not have to make reservations ahead of time. Hope this helps.

Archived