Mariner Society

wanderer34

NO! Only the cruises you have taken with Hal. We have been on four Carnival cruises and soon to be the third with Hal. We only have credit for the Hal cruises. If that has changed I would like to know, we can be credit the four cruises on Carnival.

All cruise lines in the Carnival Family of Ships (Carnival, HAL, Princess, Costa, Cunard, Seabourn and Windstar) recognize the other cruise lines only so far as 'repeater discounts' are applicable. If you have cruised on any of those lines, you would get any discount offered to a past cruiser on HAL.

But that is All you would get. None of the cruise lines count any days/cruises taken on any of the other cruise lines in terms of benefits or invitations to Mariner parties etc

Since HAL is owned by Carnival, will they recognize past cruises on Carnival for Mariner Society benefits?

To tell the truth, there aren't too many "benefits" in the Mariner Society anyway! :D Yes, you get a small price break on bookings and you get lots of mail with offers, but that's about it. The "Mariner Party" is just a show lounge meeting where people with high awards get recognized.

The problem is that there's just far too many Mariners for HAL to give out many bennies. On our Noordam cruise in June, 2/3 of the pax were Mariners!! That was probably a higher percentage than normal because it was the just 14th cruise of a new ship.

I have to disagree. Even the US Marines get less...*S*

You never got Tiles aboard the ships?

Thats another wonderful benefit that I know of no other C LINE giving and the Maker is from Holland and started in the Early SIXTEEN HUNDREDS..yes 1600's! Yes THREE Years After Jamestowne...Virginia Colony Landings..

05/14/1607 A.D.

Talk about Unique eh?

Look that up n your Funk and Wagnis...LOL:cool:

Here hold on its on the HAL Mariner Site too::

http://hollandamerica.com/mariner/mariner.do

Yes the SLD is DO not Dont!

As a member of the Holland America Line Mariner Society, you will receive a collectable tegel (Dutch word for "tile") on each Holland America cruise beginning with your second cruise. The master craftsmen of Royal Goedewaagen, Holland - producers of authentic Delftware since 1610 - have created these tiles for Holland America Line. Each year, the master decorators create new designs for the tiles, which become part of a series of collector's items available only to guests of Holland America Line. We do not sell the Mariner Society tiles. They are given to our Mariner Society members during their second cruise and all subsequent cruises.

To tell the truth, there aren't too many "benefits" in the Mariner Society anyway! :D Yes, you get a small price break on bookings and you get lots of mail with offers, but that's about it. The "Mariner Party" is just a show lounge meeting where people with high awards get recognized.

The problem is that there's just far too many Mariners for HAL to give out many bennies. On our Noordam cruise in June, 2/3 of the pax were Mariners!! That was probably a higher percentage than normal because it was the just 14th cruise of a new ship.

You never got Tiles aboard the ships?

Okay, I forgot about the tiles. They don't thrill me as much they apparently do you! :) And DW gets to drink a small glass of champagne at the "Mariner's Party". Personally I don't like sparkling wines.

Yes the SLD is DO not Dont!

I don't understand. :confused:

Yes I like Dr Pepper.

The S L D is a (Secondary Level Domain.. the also .DO on HALs URL (Uniform Resource Locator) vs a DONT...guess it was too dry of humor:D

In synopsys..what other Cruise Line gives you what HAL does in its Mariner Programs..?

HAl is the one which started the Cruise line industry... NYC to Rotterdam::and Back...wWWwwww

Okay, I forgot about the tiles. They don't thrill me as much they apparently do you! :) And DW gets to drink a small glass of champagne at the "Mariner's Party". Personally I don't like sparkling wines.

I don't understand. :confused:

This will be my first cruise as a Mariner member.

I have only experienced Princess & NCL as a past guest. I didn't go to the Princess cocktail party, which was all that I appeared to receive.

NCL gives its Platinum latitudes members all penthouse perks, except the butler.

I remember going to the latitudes party and they used our invitations as entries to a drawing. They drew about 15 names and all got gifts (one was from the jewelry store on board).

Archived