2007 Cruise Selection Help Needed Please

EggDropErin

Which Cruise Would you Choose?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cruise Would you Choose?

• 9 Night Mediterranean on Brilliance
    • 15 Night Transatlantic on Brilliance
    • 14 Night Hawiaa on Summit

I am trying to decide on another cruise for late in 2007. At this time, I have my eye on 3 very different cruises. I would like anyone who has been on the ships, to the ports, or on these specific itineraries to please give me some feedback on what you think would be the better option. Which would you choose and why? Thanks in advance for all of your help and your suggestions.

Here are the details (pardon my copy and paste):

9 Night Mediterranean

Ship Name: Brilliance Of The Seas

Departure Port: Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

Ports of Call: Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Naples, Capri, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Corfu, Greece; Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy; Villefranche (Nice), France; Provence (Toulon), France; Barcelona, Spain

15 Night Transatlantic Westbound

Ship Name: Brilliance Of The Seas

Departure Port: Barcelona, Spain

Ports of Call: Barcelona, Spain; Alicante, Spain; Gibraltar, United Kingdom; Lisbon, Portugal; Funchal (Madeira), Portugal; Tenerife, Canary Islands; St. Johns, Antigua; Miami, Florida

14 Night Hawaii Circle Cruise

on board Summit spacer.gifDestination:Hawaii. Prices starting from 1,429.00 USD on 12-Oct-2007 Cruise Ports:San Diego, California, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Mount Kilauea - Evening Sail, Hilo, Hawaii, Kailua Kona, Hawaii, Ensenada, Mexico, San Diego, California

I voted for the TA for 2 reasons...have heard wondeful reports on the ship AND think that the shorter Med. cruise would leave you exhausted. We did a similar itinerary on the Millennium (12 days) and it wore us out (although we loved the cruise). Not only are there lots of long port days but very few (if any on a 9 day) sea days to recoup. Just MHO.

Thank you for your imput. :) I was leaning towards the TA myself.

I have posted this in the RCI area as well with very different results. That is what I wanted...lots of opinions and suggestions. I have always thought a TA with a balcony would be fabulous. Someone stated that the wind might be a bit severe due to the speed of the ship though.

At this point I don't know about the adding days. That could always be an option. I did also like the ports on the 9 day because they included both Greece and Spain. Each sailing has ports that are new to me though, so I'm not being too picky about that.

I voted for Hawaii on Summit because I love Hawaii and I love Celebrity. I did a Hawaii cruise, before (not on Celebrity) and just loved all the sea days and seeing all the different islands. Too bad Celebrity has scratched off Kauai. That being said, the TA was a very close second. My first ever cruise was on the Med and I will never forget it. You could cruise the med again and again and still see different places. I say do them both!!!!!!:)

I voted for Hawaii on Summit because I love Hawaii and I love Celebrity. I did a Hawaii cruise, before (not on Celebrity) and just loved all the sea days and seeing all the different islands. Too bad Celebrity has scratched off Kauai. That being said, the TA was a very close second. My first ever cruise was on the Med and I will never forget it. You could cruise the med again and again and still see different places. I say do them both!!!!!!:)

LOL I wish I could! Thanks for your input.

The only choice I have sailed is the Hawaii cruise and we loved it so much we did it twice in 3 years. MY husband and I both work full time and the Hawaii itinerary did wonders for us - we relaxed for the first few days and unwound from the pressures at work, then it was busy time with the beautiful islands, excursions, etc. Then the last few days at sea to again relax before going back to work. In 11 cruises it honestly was the only itinerary we've sailed where we completely enjoyed every single port.

Good Luck with your decision!

I voted for the Med cruise but the TA looks interesting too as we loved our stop in Lisbon. My only concern about the TA is the north Atlantic will be cold and you won't be able to use the balcony all that much with out coats.

We love our Med cruise but came home tired as too many ports and few at sea days to rest.

Archived