Question about Malaria

WCB

In receiving our 2007 World Cruise packet, we read that India is a choloquine-resistant area. Does this mean if we take the anti-malarial tablets while on the Taj Mahal overland tour, they would be useless?

WCB

I went yesterday to donate blood while my son was in physical therapy. The Medic Mobile was at the hospital where he goes.

After taking a Christmas Cruise last year and stopping at the Dominican Republic and visiting the sugar fields...cannot donate for one calendar year.

The clicker is that on the upcoming Holiday Cruise we will be in Belize, Costa Maya, and Honduras, yep another calendar year.

I have rare B negative blood.

When I asked why, Malaria.

Linda

I have 0- blood (universal donor). Blood banks love me since everyone can receive my blood type and it's fairly uncommon (8% of the population has it). Unfortunately, I can only receive the exact same type. Hopefully, I'll never need any.

I went to Cancun last Oct and we went out to Chicen Itza for 2 days. I tried to donate in the spring and was told I had to wait 1 yr. Same reason - malaria. Cancun was ok, but if you ventured outside the city as we did, you are in a malaria zone.

Then in March, I went to Belize. Now can't donate again for another 5 months!

A cartoon depicted a cow on a shrink's couch and the shrink saying:

"Perhaps it's not you - it could be the English cooking."

:)

Or the doctor that went to the captain's cabin and said, "Sir, we have a chap outside with a case of malaria." The captain said, "Good! Tell him to put it in the storeroom. We'll have it when the gin is finished!"

Stephen

Archived