Penthouse on the Wind

cruisemama5

We have a chance to upgrade to a penthouse (AB) from a superior oceanview stateroom (CC) and I was wondering if anyone has stayed in one of these, and what they are like. I am wondering whether it is worth the extra money, compared to how much time we would be in the room. The room we have now has a sitting area. Also I thought there was a link somewhere to see about specific rooms on the boats, but I can't find it now. Does anyone know what it is? THANKS!!

We have a chance to upgrade to a penthouse (AB) from a superior oceanview stateroom (CC) and I was wondering if anyone has stayed in one of these, and what they are like. I am wondering whether it is worth the extra money, compared to how much time we would be in the room. The room we have now has a sitting area. Also I thought there was a link somewhere to see about specific rooms on the boats, but I can't find it now. Does anyone know what it is? THANKS!!

Here, try this:

http://ccsnj.membercruises.com/travel/cruises/virtual_tours.jsp?pg=4&mediatype=1&ITINERARY_ID=801|04||

One disadvantage to the AB category, I would think, would be where they're located. It would seem to me that there would be people outside your window all the time, from the deck plans, but don't go off my word...we're taking our first cruise on the Wind in January...hope the link helps.

We throughly enjoyed our Wind Penthouse on the 8th deck last New Year's. The sitting area is larger, there is a large walk-in closet, not to mention a real, although small, bath tub. There are also all the suite perks.

As far as having a lot of folks on the deck out front, we just didn't find that to be true. It is fairly windy out there. The only time there were a number of folks out there was when we were arriving into a port.

The AB's are in the front of the boat. Seas were not too bad on our sailing but you did feel more motion there than say in the center of the boat.

We were completely spoiled. Seems only thing better would be a suite with a balcony. If you choose to take it, I hope you will enjoy it.

Thanks for the website. It was what I was looking for. We decided not to take it, as our original room is right next to it and what we really wanted was a balcony. Unfortunately one isn't available. We have a "Superior Oceanview Stateroom" and we decided that we probably wouldn't spend much time in there so not worth the amount of the upgrade. Hope we don't regret it. I'm sure if it had had a balcony we would have taken it. My husband loves to sit and watch the scenery go by.

Thanks again for the help!

Thanks for the website. It was what I was looking for. We decided not to take it, as our original room is right next to it and what we really wanted was a balcony. Unfortunately one isn't available. We have a "Superior Oceanview Stateroom" and we decided that we probably wouldn't spend much time in there so not worth the amount of the upgrade. Hope we don't regret it. I'm sure if it had had a balcony we would have taken it. My husband loves to sit and watch the scenery go by.

OH, but all the amenities that comes with a penthouse is soooooo nice!

I agree with you on the balcony...We have a balcony room in January and wouldn't trade either!

Archived