Louisiana Area Cruisers Meet And Mingle

selucrey

WELL GUYS WITH EVERYTHING ELSE GOING ON I MADE PAPA FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY.

LITTLE OWEN PHILIP AUTHEMENT CAME INTO OUR LIVES TODAY AT 7:25pm WEIGHING IN AT 8lbs14oz. AND 20 3/4 INCHES LONG BOTH MOM AND BABY DOING GREAT.

PAPA DEAN HAS A GOOD RING TO IT. HE WILL BE IN TRAINING FOR TAKING CRUISES IN ABOUT 2YRS.

Congrat's on the new O.P.A.:D You need to talk to C/C member Livtojump before cruisin' w/little Philip,he just loves kids and has a lot of fine suggestions about cruising with a 2 year old.:rolleyes:

Still Loking For More La. Cruisers To Join Our Meet And Mingle Dinner In N.o.

Dan Have You Thought About A Pre Or Post Spot To Meet.

Ron I Will Not Make The Tour For Next Sunday Either , Have To Cook For Our Fishing Rodeo Going On That Weekend.

Still Working On Getting More People From My Group To Join Us.

Congrats Dean, wife and new addition!:D By the time the river cruise comes around Owen Philip ought to be old enough to come too? You think?

Sorry you couldn't make the tour next weekend. So far I think that Dan is going, haven't had time to talk to anyone last few months. Heavy involved with a congressional race in the 7th district BUT I'm going to NO next Sat to chill! No that's wrong, no way to chill in NO!!:rolleyes:

Anyway we are gathering more folks for the river cruise. I went ahead and booked.

Congratulations again and hope the best!

105212185_Tiger1-31-04copy.jpg.04832cb200c2d2fbbf0a8c29bea80fdf.jpg

Ron Hope You Didn't Misunderstand. We Made Grandpa And Grandma For The First Time. My 2 Are 30 And 27.

Don't Think Wife Would Ever Forgive Me For Getting Her Pregnant At 52 . Lol

Hey Dan Will You Be At The Fishing Rodeo This Weekend ?

Will Be There Cooking A Jambalya Sat. So You Are Invited Over For A Taste And A Beer And A Chance To Meet. Ron If Your In The Area Come On Over Too.

Anybody From La. Want To Join Us For Meet And Mingle Dinner In Nola. On Oct 9.

Where You Guys At ?

HI Dean,

Would have loved to get by this weekend. Thanks for the invite. We're bringing my mom to tour the Conquest this w/e and it was all I could do to get her to go on board since she has misgivings about going on a cruise. Otherwise I'd be down to visit.

Several folks from BR are going down to the rodeo. Wish I would be able to make it. Have one for me plz!

Dan see you on Sunday, call cell when you get there.

Forgot About You Guys Going On Tour Of Conquest. Well What Did You Think ? Was It Worth It ?

Dan You Should Have Come By Saturday.

Sat. Night Was Unbeleivable. Well Over If Not At Least 2000 People At The Rodeo/festival. Chee Weez Really Draws A Crowd. Sold Over $13,000.00 In Beer Sales Alone. Know For Sure It Would Have Been At Least Another $100.00 If You Had Been There. Lol

See Ron We Know How To Party.

Couple Of My People Had To Back Out Of Dinner . Their Float Is Putting On A Function For That Night. Pretty Sure I Still Have At Least 8 Or 10 Coming.

Sat. Night Was Unbeleivable. Well Over If Not At Least 2000 People At The Rodeo/festival. Chee Weez Really Draws A Crowd. Sold Over $13,000.00 In Beer Sales Alone.

QUOTE]

That's all??? Must have been a lot of out of state people.:rolleyes: I know if we had been there we could have raised that amount a good bit!:D

We were waaay too busy this weekend to make the rodeo.Glad ya'll did well. The Conquest tour was great! Hated to leave.:(

Still have about 10 for the dinner cruise.Trying for more.

THINGS LOOK LIKE THEY SLOWED DOWN HERE,SO JUST BUMPING UP.

RON AND DAN IT SAMES LIKE YOU HAD A SIT DOWN DINNER FOR YOUR TOUR.GLAD YA'LL ENJOYED IT.

DAN SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT SELUCREY WAS LOOKING FOR ORIGINAL MEMBERS TO CELEBRATE THEIR 20th YEAR. IF THATS THE CASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW , I WOULD LOVE TO PARTICIPATE AS BEING ONE OF THE ORIGINALS.

Hey Dean, Yes, we did have a regular sit-down dinner. It was great!

We ARE doing something with original members this year. Details haven't been worked out yet.Will let you know. BTW, was Rodney R. one of the original? Can't remember.:confused:

Wife Just Booked A Room At A Hotel Off Of St. Joseph St Near The Convention Center. Can't Remember The Name But It's Part Of The Mariott Chain. She Gets Free Rooms With All The Traveling She Does So Hey Why Not.

Will Book Tickets This Week Also For The Dinner.

Dan Anything On The Selucrey Thing I Asked You About.

Wife Just Booked A Room At A Hotel Off Of St. Joseph St Near The Convention Center. Can't Remember The Name But It's Part Of The Mariott Chain. She Gets Free Rooms With All The Traveling She Does So Hey Why Not.

Will Book Tickets This Week Also For The Dinner.

Dan Anything On The Selucrey Thing I Asked You About.

Dean:Not sure when;where;if, we are staying yet.

Am also booking the dinner cruise this week.

Nothing yet,we have a meeting Thursday so I may find out something then.Did our fishing rodeo this weekend and I need a few days REST!:rolleyes:

Hotel Is Springfields Suites Across From Convention Center.

Hope We Can Walk To Wharf. Looking At Map It Sames To Be About Even With The Julia St Wharf..

Bringing Cousin And His Wife With Us And I Know For Sure He Won't Be In Any Shape To Drive Back. Lol

You Guys Still Going On The 9th ?

Haven't Heard Anything From Anybody In Over A Week. Think I Might Be Down To 4 Couples But No Matter What We're Still Going. Wife And I Need A Little Weekend Get Away.

Hope It's Still A Go ?

Dean; We are still going.:D

FYI; The Selucrey deal...they are gonna have a trailer for all the 20 year guys the day of the Hyacinthians parade. You can walk,ride in the trailer or the bus. May do the same thing Mardi Gras day if there is enough participation. Might not be a bad idea to come to a meeting when it gets a little closer to MG. Also, we voted at the last meeting to allow those over 20 years to join at no charge.

Sidenote...we are going to meet some fellow cruisers in NOLA this Saturday if you are interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan And Ron . T/a Informed Me That There Will Be Another Tour Of The Conquest For October 17. This Will Be A Cocktail Affair Only After The Tour. No Food And No Shorts

Will Try To Get A Few People To Go On This One Since We Missed The Last One With You Guys.

• 2 weeks later...

HEY RON WERE YOU AT !!

HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING FROM ANYONE IN A WHILE , WHATS UP.

HAD MIX UP ON DATE WITH T/A ABOUT SHIP TOUR IT'S OCT. 3. CAN'T MAKE THAT ONE HAVE OTHER PLANS.

DAN WE WILL BE LEAVING HOUMA ABOUT 2 pm AND CHECKING INTO HOTEL ABOUT 3:30. ARE YOU GUYS GOING EARLY OR WHAT. WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A FEW PRE-CRUISE DINNER DRINKS AND TRY TO MEET THE GROUP BEFORE DINNER.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE WE MIGHT MEET THAT WOULD BE CLOSE TO THE WHARF.

HEY COTTON WHY DON'T YOU JOIN US.?

Hi Dean,

Sorry I haven't been on the boards a whole lot and in touch with you guys. I've been deep in a Congressional race and up to my neck in it. Every now and then I sneak back to the boards to keep my sanity.

I haven't gotten a hotel yet but will do so over the week end. I must be careful cause meeting for a few drinks is dangerous cause last time we went a few turned into quite a few.

I kept the little swizzle sticks and next morning I had them in every pocket. Memory a little hazy!

Hey guys, been busy here too. Busy at work and on weekends with good stuff. Leaving for Vegas in the morning for a few days.

We are not going to get a room the 9th.(so far) We will go early though. I suggest we meet at the Krazy Korner on the corner of Bourbon and St Peter. (604 Bourbon). We can get some three-fers and stroll/crawl straight down St Peter to the dock.:D Will check back later, gotta run some errands.

Just bumping this up.

Next weekend is the day for the meet and mingle wish we had more people coming. Their loss and our party gain.

Any other other past ot future cruisers who would like to join feel free to come along. For details just look up further on this thread for contact infromation. Dan , Ron and i would more than be happy to give you the details.

Day or two in NOLA and dinner cruise on one of the steamboats.

We would just like to get La. cruisers to meet each other and hope to continue this as as annual event at different areas of the state ,so that we can get everyone involved.

Maybe even plan an all LA. cruise at a future date. Can you just imagine us have a seafood ball on the Lido deck.

Good morning! Back from Vegas. We had a great time but sure am ready for a cruise! Looking forward to Saturday. Have to make a few phone calls to see if some of those "I might" people are doing the Natchez with us.:rolleyes: As for the La. cruise.....I am up for that!

Archived