Should I be upset if my cruise.......

shygirl

is discounted after final payment on every online company except Carnival.com?!?!

Is it a fact of life that I should accept that others are getting your cruise for less and even a better cabin?

I've called 3 time already and seems to be getting the runaround; but on my last attempt I managed an upgrade but that is just because they are having an upgrade sale today.

Now I'm going to try correspondence, wish me luck.

It's okay to be disappointed, but if you booked at a price you liked, then yes, it's a fact of life that someone is going to get a lower price and you can't do much about it. Hey! You got an upgrade and that's something to celebrate!

I think you can do something about it. A week before my sailing I found a price cheaper on a website other than Carnival and I called Carnival. They got online while I was on the phone, found the price and then explained to me that price was before port taxes so it really wasn't any less than Carnival's price, it was actually more. Some of those websites can really make their prices look so much different than what they really are. However, if the price is truely lower Carnival WILL give you the lower price. Good luck to you and getting an OBC. I got one a week out!

Yes, be upset, let it grind on you for the entire time leading up to your cruise so that you have a real chip on your shoulder when you board:rolleyes:

Did you feel ripped off when you paid the original price? Then why now? Get over it, you got an upgrade, did you factor that cost into what you paid?

...someone probably paid less for gas last time you filled up, milk is cheaper across town, and the person sitting in the airline seat behind you paid $100 less... geez, I know we need to do our best to find the best price for a cruise, but if money is ruling your mind, maybe you should go on a cheaper vacation...

You may think my response is rude, but look at your original question and think about what you are asking a bunch of strangers to judge you on!

I think you can do something about it. A week before my sailing I found a price cheaper on a website other than Carnival and I called Carnival. They got online while I was on the phone, found the price and then explained to me that price was before port taxes so it really wasn't any less than Carnival's price, it was actually more. Some of those websites can really make their prices look so much different than what they really are. However, if the price is truely lower Carnival WILL give you the lower price. Good luck to you and getting an OBC. I got one a week out!

Actually, jandkfarms, you may be right on the mark. I know this occurs frequently. Also, many times you receive offers from the cruiselines and it's based on a range of dates and makes the pricing look off (my parents had that happen and I had to explain the "tiny" print to them).

When you booked think of all the options you had for your room. They are not all available now. So if you booked now you would not have the room choices that you do now. I know it is sometimes frustrating but don't let it get you down. When you paid the original price you were excited about your vacation at that price. Keep that excitement! Have a great trip!!!

yes true, however when you book with carnival, in order to get your deal that day, a pvp @ carnival will tell you if the price goes lower prior to sailing you will receive the lower price, either a dicount or a obc depending when the price drop is.

You really shouldnt be comparing the price youpaid to other online agencies- the only price that you should use to compare is the site youbooked with or with carnival.

Some online agencies may have group bookings on a set cruise and you have to book with them to get the price. Like another poster stated-- it could be a cruise only fare without the government tax included in the final payment.

Do what you think is right, but I doubt many people are going to give you the answer you want to hear. Your past final payment and comparing prices between 2 different agencies.

This is from another thread you posted on.

This is just weird? Agent on the phone checked the website I was looking at and said they were discounting from their commission? She has a price list that shows what the online company pays them. I told her another company has the exact same price as well. Should I call again and ask another agent? Or am I wasting my time?

If TA companies reserve a bank of rooms (I know of one that does) they will be stuck with paying for them if no one uses them so yes you may find more than one company discounting from their commission now and if they are still stuck with cabins even taking a hit into the price they paid just to not eat the entire amount themselves. If there are cabins left with less than a week to go, watch Carnival do the same (example Paradise departing on this coming monday $199). Some PVP's may do something, but they are in no way obligated to give you anything especially being past final payment.

If Cruise lines reduced everyones fare to the lowest price they are offering, they would go under. The fare was reduced to intice someone to book a currently empty cabin.

Yes, be upset, let it grind on you for the entire time leading up to your cruise so that you have a real chip on your shoulder when you board:rolleyes:

Did you feel ripped off when you paid the original price? Then why now? Get over it, you got an upgrade, did you factor that cost into what you paid?

...someone probably paid less for gas last time you filled up, milk is cheaper across town, and the person sitting in the airline seat behind you paid $100 less... geez, I know we need to do our best to find the best price for a cruise, but if money is ruling your mind, maybe you should go on a cheaper vacation...

You may think my response is rude, but look at your original question and think about what you are asking a bunch of strangers to judge you on!

Your response is rude and your point can be made without the sarcasim! She just ask a question and is that not what this site is for? The moderators have been banning (SOME PEOPLE) for rude comments! Who has the chip on their shoulder:confused: . I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to save money, it is great that you may not have to do this.. But I am lucky not to have to worry about money in any way and I still try to save money when I travel or with all purchases!! I would rather have the jingle in my pocket than in any one elses!!!:p

Your response is rude and your point can be made without the sarcasim! She just ask a question and is that not what this site is for? The moderators have been banning (SOME PEOPLE) for rude comments! Who has the chip on their shoulder:confused: . I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to save money, it is great that you may not have to do this.. But I am lucky not to have to worry about money in any way and I still try to save money when I travel or with all purchases!! I would rather have the jungle in my pocket than in any one elses!!!:p

Aha, so that's a jungle in your pocket... I thought you were just happy to see me :p LOL

To the OP... were you happy with the price you paid? If so, move on... too many people get wrapped up in checking prices... if you were happy with what you paid, go and enjoy your cruise. Carnival's price has not gone down... technically agencies are not allowed to advertise lower prices. The other prices may not include taxes, etc. Don't let this get to you... go and enjoy yourself.

Your response is rude and your point can be made without the sarcasim! She just ask a question and is that not what this site is for?

Then why do they provide me with a icon for sarcasm:rolleyes: :confused: Sarcasm is just another service I provide - you are certainly welcome. Rudeness is a personal interpretation. You missed my whole point, do what you can pricewise, but don't let it destroy your vacation. Most people got it ;)

Chris, want to pet my giraffe....??? Oh whoops - just happy to see you;)

When you fly on an airline, there's a good chance that the people sitting to your left, right, in front or back of you are paying different prices for seats. Everything depends on sales, early bookings, and even last minute deals. If cruise lines give special breaks and then give you the discount, it should be looked at as a bonus. As someone stated earlier, you were happy to get the price you signed up for and you had the ability to cancel with no penalty up to a certain point. You also had better cabin choice by booking early. So just consider it part of the way the industry conducts its business.

Aha, so that's a jungle in your pocket... I thought you were just happy to see me :p LOL

To the OP... were you happy with the price you paid? If so, move on... too many people get wrapped up in checking prices... if you were happy with what you paid, go and enjoy your cruise. Carnival's price has not gone down... technically agencies are not allowed to advertise lower prices. The other prices may not include taxes, etc. Don't let this get to you... go and enjoy yourself.

Please refer to post 12 I think! My finger must have hit u instead of i! Hum how could that have happen considering they are right next to each other on the key board! :eek: Why be so critical of a simple mistake? That is how things get flamed on this site!!! LOL!!!

Please refer to post 12 I think! My finger must have hit u instead of i! Hum how could that have happen considering they are right next to each other on the key board! :eek: Why be so critical of a simple mistake? That is how things get flamed on this site!!! LOL!!!

Please tell me you are kidding?? Critical?? I thought it was funny... critical? Where was I critical?? It was hilarious!! Nobody flamed anyone... I laughed... and now that's critical?? Lighten up... WOW!!!!!

This is why I love these boards, very entertaining responses whether if I like them or not.

Just like to hear what others have experienced dealing with Carnival since I'm new to this cruise line.

Oh by the way, what's wrong with having extra change in your pocket?

This is why I love these boards, very entertaining responses whether if I like them or not.

Just like to hear what others have experienced dealing with Carnival since I'm new to this cruise line.

Oh by the way, what's wrong with having extra change in your pocket?

I like your attitude - glad you caught the entertainment, life is too short to be boring...

Dealing with Carnival is so hit and miss, you just never know, many of us just wanted to make the point, we all try to save money, I always call for lower prices, just don't let it slowly poison your attitude towards your cruise - it has happened to some people. There have been posts on this site where someone could not get a discount and they never got over the anger - that is what I was trying to stress - as misinterpreted as it may have been by the "proper" police;)

...also make sure you are comparing apples to apples, some sites will not give you a final price with all fees until actually get to checkout!

Regardless - have a great cruise!!!

Please tell me you are kidding?? Critical?? I thought it was funny... critical? Where was I critical?? It was hilarious!! Nobody flamed anyone... I laughed... and now that's critical?? Lighten up... WOW!!!!!

Yea right I was kidding! :confused: What is funny to some may not be to others! I guess I just did not get your sense of humor! SORRY!!!!:rolleyes:

Yea right I was kidding! :confused: What is funny to some may not be to others! I guess I just did not get your sense of humor! SORRY!!!!:rolleyes:

MY sense of humor?? I wasn't the one who said I had a jungle in my pocket :p LMAO!! Sorry, that was funny... Sorry if you don't get it... I tend to go through life looking for the humor in it rather than being so glum :D

Archived