Formal Nights

dollymadison

Has anyone ever chosen to take a cruise and forego Formal Nights? I'm looking at an 11-day cruise with 3 formal nights and can't decide whether to pack the eveningwear or choose in-suite dining at least 3 nights.

Would love to hear opinions on that decision.....

Apart from the suggestion of eating in La Terazza, you could also dress formal without going all out.

A man just needs to bring a dark suit -- since air-conditioning is so strong in the interiors of ships -- you don't sweat so you can wear the same suit for all the formal nights -- just change the shirt and perhaps the tie.

For the ladies, a nice cocktail dress or dressy pantsuit will do just fine.

There's something classy and attractive about understated elegance, in my opinion -- it's all about how you carry yourself and how you feel, not about how many layers of sequins and jewels you can put on.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

We have never attended any of the formal stuff and either take the Terrace or much better (and the staff really envy this) we have a DVD night in and I list them a pile of sandwiches that I want made. To some the formal evenigns are the highlight - others it's the lowpoint.

Jeff

Archived