Pearl's Godmother Announced

calmac

Good for Rosie,

Can she be brash and annoying....yes! Has she done alot of good in this world.....yes!

Like with Martha Stewart, Rosie is a powerful opinionated woman, often villified for their success, there is a double standard on this one, men are looked up to, women are considered B**ches.;)

As far as kim Catrall, being the godmother of the dawn, not sure on that one, maybe to give a hip sexy appeal to the dawn.

JMHO

MAC

I still say that madonna, rosie, brittney and now we add Jane would all make good godmothers for ncl ships...:)

I am shocked at how many people are upset that Rosie was named Godmother of the Pearl and base their desire to cruise on the ship because of the Godmother's sexual orientation. I ask, what difference does it make in your day to day life? What people do behind closed doors should be their own business. If she wants to make it know that is her orientation to the world, so be it. But I not subject to viewing her lifestyle. Personally, I don't mind it if is 5 or 5K gays, but if you want to be frisky, keep it in your room. Granted, I am against most signs of PDA. Just me.

I, personally, think that Rosie is an upstanding individual. She was one of the first comics, I saw on my own. She was funny and I could relate to her. She has adopted children, so they can have a better home. Better than being shuffled from foster home to foster home. She does alot of charity for children. People that work hard to make the world a better place deserve to recognized.

Perhaps, we should steet the discussion, as to what makes a suitable God mother for a Cruise ship? Perhaps my wife should be Co-Godmother.

Perhaps, we should steet the discussion, as to what makes a suitable God mother for a Cruise ship? Perhaps my wife should be Co-Godmother.

I have a huge problem with this sexist discriminatory thread. The stopped naming hurricanes after only women. Why are there still only Godmothers for ships. I demand equality - every other ship should have a Godfather:eek:

SG <---- will throw hat in ring to be first---:D ;)

Pul-eeese, people, Rosie's groups are FAMILIES, just like yours and mine....the only difference is that there might be two mommies or two daddies.

I would like to echo this sentiment. There have been complaints about some gay cruises (anyone heard of the 'bears' ;) ) but I've never heard of any complaints about any of Rosies cruises (except from those who might've been bumped when she chartered the ships). They really do seem to me more family oriented. I think they might be more accurately termed "nontraditional family cruises".

-Monte

I have a huge problem with this sexist discriminatory thread. The stopped naming hurricanes after only women. Why are there still only Godmothers for ships. I demand equality - every other ship should have a Godfather:eek:

I should've saw this coming!

LOL

-Monte

Tell em about, perhaps it should have two. When I found out I had a God Father and God Mother, I was so confused as to why they were not married.

SO perhaps each ship should have a God Mother and God Father.

The problem I would worry about being a God Father, what do you do when your ship calls your house asking for you to help pay the fine it got for not showing up at Fanning Island. Tough Love?

Sorry, but you won't get to be first. I'm pretty sure PoH has a Godfather.:D

Edit: Yep, just checked to confirm my often faulty memory. Senator Daniel Inouye is Pride of Hawaii's Godfather.

beachchick

Sorry, but you won't get to be first. I'm pretty sure PoH has a Godfather.:D

Edit: Yep, just checked to confirm my often faulty memory. Senator Daniel Inouye is Pride of Hawaii's Godfather.

beachchick

Oh darn - I was thinking Trump's current wife - of no fame - is the Godmother but she is the Godmother of the Jewel

So then Rosie O is a bear and that is her chartered group everyone has been talking about?

Please do a seach on Google :rolleyes:

Rosie's family cruises were turned into a positive documentary on HBO.

http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/allaboard/index.html

The Bear's movies you can't post a link to and are not "family" friendly. :eek:

Can't believe some of the posts that are or were on this thread.

Forget about the Senator - Shoreguy you would be the "Mother of All Godfathers".....:D, although to get in on the hurricane thing you might have to tell us your real first name;)

Happy Sails,

Annette

Archived