Pearl's Godmother Announced

calmac

You have a point but it is not apples and apples... rosie o is a very political person and out spoken as are other TV and Movie persons and that is not what NCL needs in the press.... Keep politics out of it.... Can you imagine NCLA using a person of her political views as a godmom of one of their all American ships? Remember Jane Fonda and now rosie o... Thank goodness that NCLA is an American company.... Most older Americans remember the price paid by our servicemen over the past 65 years and the hard decisions to protect our freedoms.. Decisions made by the Commander in Chief, the President of the United States, during a war... Remember Japan? It was horrible to drop the A bomb but was a means to an end and save hundreds of thousands of Americans and Japaneese... People like rosie o are not willing do pay the price that your grandfathers paid those many years ago... We would all be speaking German now if not for hard decision by our leaders...

I'm not American. I'm Canadian. We all speak French! :rolleyes:

But as an observer, an anti-war opinion and perspective is JUST as valid as a pro-war one, even during a time of war.

Can we get back to cruising and off politics please? I'm not anti-war or anti-military - my son is career military and has served in the Middle East and is currently stationed overseas, I just don't think a thread about the G-Mother of a new cruise ship is the forum for politics.

I'm not American. I'm Canadian. We all speak French! :rolleyes:

But as an observer, an anti-war opinion and perspective is JUST as valid as a pro-war one, even during a time of war.

I see.... I am not anti war or pro war.... I am a believer in supporting the elected officials and use the vote to change what I believe needs changing.... As to to cruising.... I am booked on two NCL ships and looking forwarded to those cruises.... All I ask is we stay healthy and have fun on our cruises.... :)

NCL made a huge mistake ....they could use a celebrity that lots of people hate for silly reasons (i.e. hair colour, sound of voice) but picking somebody purely evil makes a statement about the cruise line. Its a slap in the face.

for the record, most canadians DO NOT speak French. If they did, we would actually all be speaking German as like wimps against the war in Iraq now they would have continued to appease Hitler.

Why is this post any different than the one I posted last month, which got the entire thread pulled?

The only difference is that I expressed views similiar to Rosie's, not arguing against them...... but everyone yelled that the cruise board was no place for such political statements.

Here, I've read the replies and NOBODY has mentioned the political nature of this post.

Why not?

Just curious.

Obviously I'm not a mod, so any speculation I make is only a guess.

Was your thread one where members were giving their personal opinions about military, service personnel, war, etc.? If so, I think it may simply have been considered too OT and the mods may have decided that CC is not the place for political commentary.

In this case, the discussion of what Rosie said (or didn't say--I've no idea because I don't watch The View) about the military, service personnel, and the war is relevant because it is not back and forth personal commentary by CC members. Instead, members are saying why they do or don't like Rosie as the Godmother. One reason for some is her political views. This is directly OT for this thread.

I have no idea if my thoughts are even close to what the mods were thinking, but that's a possible difference I see. (I didn't read your thread either, so I don't know if it was in fact a thread specifically about the war and political points of view or was directly related to cruising. If it was solely a political thread, then I have to say that I'd agree with the mods for pulling it. If it was related to cruising in some way, then I'd have no idea why unless it became a flame war.)

beachchick

NCL made a huge mistake ....they could use a celebrity that lots of people hate for silly reasons (i.e. hair colour, sound of voice) but picking somebody purely evil makes a statement about the cruise line. Its a slap in the face.

for the record, most canadians DO NOT speak French. If they did, we would actually all be speaking German as like wimps against the war in Iraq now they would have continued to appease Hitler.

I don't get it, how is rosie "purely evil"?:confused:

MAC

I don't get it, how is rosie "purely evil"?:confused:

MAC

If so, I think it may simply have been considered too OT and the mods may have decided that CC is not the place for political commentary.
I have no idea what thread he's talking about either because he didn't write to me or anyone at CC to ask.

While the US Government likes to compare Saddam to Hitler, it isn't even close. There is a difference between containment and attacking. Saddam had already lost the war to both the coalition and to Iran. I really wish you would stay OT. Now if any cruise line would pick Saddam, you might have a point about purely evil but Rosie clearly isn't unless you are part of the right wing consipiracy that sees freedom to chose(religion or other things) as a pure evil thing. Please lets get back to the point, you really don't want my comparison to who is Hilteresque on this thread.

Trying to say on topic...how can you look at this picture and NOT recognize Evil.

Not particulary pretty, maybe...Evil, certainly not.

Finding the ugly photo and an inflammatory statement (which should have been a question, but was punctuated improperly) was no reason to revive the thread.

"Trying to stay on topic", indeed!

.... rosie certainly knows how to divide our country....:(

Ha Ha Ha!! I think you got Rosie mixed up with the guy in the White House when it comes to dividing our country. Rosie is good for the cruise industry and she does a lot for disadvantage children.

IN general, I wish that some folks with country specific screen names wouldn't start threads like this (and Down-Under's).

Not that everyone doesn't have the right to post what and when their little heart's desire, but as we've seen, it reflects poorly on the stated country of origin.

Canadians and Australians, some of the most delightful people on the planet, and their manners and society, have been drawn into this because of these posters and it just isn't fair. Ancillarily, Brits, too.

Who's next......"Ugly American"?

The OP's comments are being construed as coming from a big fat DONKEY.

Get your mind out of the gutter, man.

To keep on topic, I understand Rosie is chartering the Pearl for a one night (not specifically gay) charity event on the 15th, the day before the christening.

How could such a horrible person be so giving?

I don't think he's a bigger---

OH nevermind ;)

But I was wondering if I was alone in that thinking. Looks like others are on the train. BTW-this wimp was a Sgt in the 1st Inf Div

Here comes the poof meister

-Monte

Why do you find it necessary to put down USA military personnel? If you do not like what he has said... say so... do not imply any reference to military personnel... Do not be a John Kerry with his ugly comments last night!

I don't think he's a bigger---

OH nevermind ;)

But I was wondering if I was alone in that thinking. Looks like others are on the train. BTW-this wimp was a Sgt in the 1st Inf Div

Here comes the poof meister

-Monte

:confused: :mad: Try respecting the people who lay down their lives for your freedom to be the way you are and live in this great country...

Why do you find it necessary to put down USA military personnel? If you do not like what he has said... say so... do not imply any reference to military personnel... Do not be a John Kerry with his ugly comments last night!

I DIDN'T DO THAT AT ALL. Cpt. Canuck has called people who disagree with him wimps and brought politics into many of his posting.

I don't agree with him in the least so therefor I'm the wimp (not anyone else) and I was pointing out to him MY military background.

Maybe you should read more b4 you react!!!

-Monte

:confused: :mad: Try respecting the people who lay down their lives for your freedom to be the way you are and live in this great country...

Would you mind telling me where I said anything that disrespects the military??

-Monte

Archived