ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

Hmmm we will most likely be on our way to the pre-cruise party at the Cubby Hole! :D

We did some shopping today and bought a few more things for the trip. We haven't found anything for the door yet (if we decide to decorate it).

We can't wait to finally meet everyone!!

Hi all:

We must live in the wrong part of the country. Guess Utah Mormons didn't wear the big hats. Have searched far and wide for bingo hats with no success. Unless the Good Lord blesses with a miracle from on high - we may not be dressed in our Sunday best...

Kip

Two weeks! Two weeks! The only thing that will sound better is two days and then two hours and then two minutes...

Welcome new posters! If you would like to be included in the directory we are compiling send us a picture along with your cabin number and if you would like your email included or not to thyatt@sejumc.org

The cutoff day is the 19th so be sure to get them to me before then.

Kip - try ebay. I saw some great hats on there!

Hogthrob - I have your picture but none of your other info. Shoot me another email if you want me to include it.

Hi guys,

I didn't think that I could take this cruise because of work commitments but suddenly, everything opened up and surprisingly, there are still cabins available.

I have only looked at a couple of pages of your notes but recognize posts from Matt in Fl (I don't know if he remembers me...Glenn from Seven Seas Voyager cruise a few years ago that Tom was on) and Tom.

So...Here's the dumb question: Should I try to book the cruise at the last minute.

Easy answer: "Of course you should book it!"

...I'm really thinking seriously of doing it and trying to work out the last minute details...

I look forward to hearing from you guys. If I'm not on the cruise...Have a great time!

Glenn

Going through the members I came up with the list below of folks that I either don't have some or all of the information for the directory. If you had rather not be listed in the directory just ignore the list, otherwise send me an email to thyatt@sejumc.org with your pic and info.

beartraprr

typhoonwi

travelerross

kenth59

hotbidudepa

nyc95

davidk314

bottlerockit

lavboem

deanandrick4fun

specialkinca

johnandderek

nycbri

atlantasailor

rhact

Thanks everyone!

Grab a bag, throw in some panties, some sun block and a pair of high heels and get on the boat already. Gee, I just had a flash back to Key West that night a bunch of us went to Ladedas,,,and certain people got a lap dance behind the curtain.........wink wink wink.

All kidding aside, get on the boat...from all the posts, we definitely have a mixed group not counting the other 3000 passengers on this dingy.

To all Hobie is a really nice guy...shy but then you know hat they say about waters running deep.

Tom

Glenn - yes of course I remember you. We're in that group photo in front of the vintage jeep outside Pineappple Point. Since it's the weekend I also met Ralph (and set the stage for my move to Florida) most of it is engrained in memory. :) It would be great if you came, so I hope you can.

Going through the members I came up with the list below of folks that I either don't have some or all of the information for the directory. If you had rather not be listed in the directory just ignore the list, otherwise send me an email to thyatt@sejumc.org with your pic and info.

kenth59

Thanks everyone!

Hi Tim,

I have sent a couple of emails, I just sent it again. If you don't get it let me know and I will try to send from a different email. My email is kenth59@hotmail.com.

Andy and I went to see Vicki Shaw tonight and got a great surprise, Paul J. Williams opened for her and he was great. We are really looking forward to seeing his shows on this cruise. 14 days and counting!!!!

Kent & Andy

hey guys,

we're not gonna make cubby or alibi......

we're invited to a couple of events sponsored by our travel agent on

"cruise years eve".........the 24th......but we'll definitely show up on deck on embarcation.....in a sarong i'm sure.........LOL.....to meet the group.....

2 weeks from tomw.........woof!!........my "sea personality" is emerging.....

Matt and Tom have great memories.

Matt, if you have a copy of that picture with the old army jeep, can you send me a copy?

I'm afraid of Tom's memories from Key West. I know he is very discreet but if his memory is that good, I know some other stories that he can tell on me!

I remember crawling back onto the ship at about 3:00 a.m. and there was Tom, sitting in the ship lobby watching the drunks stumbling in. I'm sure it was just as entertaining as some of the shows in Key West!

I'm having a hard time deciding if I can do this on last minute but right now, if things work out o.k. tomorrow at the office, I think I can book the trip.

Most importantly, how do I lose 20 pounds in two weeks???? I usually have three to six months to get that done!

Glenn

Hi Tim,

I have sent a couple of emails, I just sent it again. If you don't get it let me know and I will try to send from a different email. My email is kenth59@hotmail.com.

If you have trouble sending to thyatt@sejumc.org please send to timhyatt@bellsouth.net

Good Morning! We only have to make it through one more Sunday!!

Dear All,

Ok, so I tried to stay off of this site for a while and just pretend that we are not going on vacation soon. It really didn't work; I'm still distracted by this site and the thought of our upcoming trip. Thanks to all for the distraction though...

I have yet another dumb question, Maybe Matt will know? You know with the packet that was sent, there were two like immigration forms for the Bahamas, which I assume are for Princess Cays? Are we supposed to mail those to someone before the cruise? The packet included a return envelope to Princess, but no mention of what to do with it, or what to do with the immigration forms (they seemed to be mostly for marketing purposes anyway). I thought maybe the return envelope was for someone who wanted to mail in his or her requests for excursions? I figured maybe I wasn't the only one who was clueless about this... I just didn't want to be unprepared or possibly have those little forms cause some kind of delay.

Well....actually I am just one of those travelers who drives back to the house to check to make sure that I unplugged the iron...even though I know I already unplugged it (not that I'm into the zodiac, but it's a Virgo thing). By the end of the vacation, maybe I just go wild and not iron anything....well, maybe.

Kev

I have yet another dumb question, Maybe Matt will know? You know with the packet that was sent, there were two like immigration forms for the Bahamas, which I assume are for Princess Cays? Are we supposed to mail those to someone before the cruise? The packet included a return envelope to Princess, but no mention of what to do with it, or what to do with the immigration forms (they seemed to be mostly for marketing purposes anyway). I thought maybe the return envelope was for someone who wanted to mail in his or her requests for excursions? I figured maybe I wasn't the only one who was clueless about this... I just didn't want to be unprepared or possibly have those little forms cause some kind of delay.

Kev

Kev,

From previous cruises that I have taken that have included ports of call in the Bahamas have included the immigration forms. Fill them out and be prepared to hand them in upon check in. Having them complete will speed up your check in process.

I believe you are right that the provided envelope is fir requesting hore excursions, formal wear, or extras for your cabin like flower, wine, etc.

At least this is my take on things.

Christopher

Hello everyone.

My name is Robert and I just joined this site thanks to Steven M who wrote to me telling me that you guys exist!

I am a quality grounded single GWM traveling with 3 other friends all from the Los Angeles area (I was born and raised in Dayton, Ohio) on this cruise. ( I also live very part-time in the Palm Springs/ Palm Desert area.)

This is my 15th cruise.

I am looking to make new friends and people I can hang out with. So sorry, not generally into 3 ways or partnered men looking to play around:rolleyes:

Open to couples as new friends though and I am a really fun down-to-earth guy. :)

I also am not opposed to meeting a nice single guy also looking for a relationship. One never knows, right? I am very down to earth and do best with guys from the Mid-West and East Coast.

My interests include art, antiques, real estate, old houses, architecture, dogs, swap meets and flea markets and of course..TRAVEL!

Interested, then please let me know at Gr8guyla@aol.com.

Thanks so much. Robert

Hello everyone.

My name is Robert and I just joined this site thanks to Steven M who wrote to me telling me that you guys exist!

I am a quality grounded single GWM traveling with 3 other friends all from the Los Angeles area (I was born and raised in Dayton, Ohio) on this cruise. ( I also live very part-time in the Palm Springs/ Palm Desert area.)

This is my 15th cruise.

I am looking to make new friends and people I can hang out with. So sorry, not generally into 3 ways or partnered men looking to play around:rolleyes:

Open to couples as new friends though and I am a really fun down-to-earth guy. :)

I also am not opposed to meeting a nice single guy also looking for a relationship. One never knows, right? I am very down to earth and do best with guys from the Mid-West and East Coast.

My interests include art, antiques, real estate, old houses, architecture, dogs, swap meets and flea markets and of course..TRAVEL!

Thanks so much. Robert

Hello everyone.

This is my 15th cruise.

Thanks so much. Robert

Special K...Virgos rule! Sept 14th here.

Hobie.....if you remember that I was sitting in the lobby of the Radisson Voyager..which I was and had forgotten about....then you were very coherent...and yes I saw lots of things sitting back and watching. Like I always say......I sit and observe and learn from the masters.

Robert...Qualityin Life...let me introduce you to a class act...Christopher coming in from the land of chocolates, great cheese, fabulous time pieces...not to mention he has a cute smile and at last sight blonde to strawberry blonde hair. I will buy you both a beverage and you can say high.

Christopher..until directed to stop, your gonna meet people or else my name aint Bertha!

Matt, I sent you an e-mail concerning precruise lunch...never went through. By the way one of the other posters is a lawyer (I think I read that)...you can talk briefs.......speedos, thongs, tighty whities....LOL . Ralph and I can talk about you........I am sooooo bad.

Whats in a name......HOGTHROB..... what that brings to mind.

Gee, sometime during the cruise we should explain how we came up with our Cruise Critic mamber names.....

Christopher....steak house Tuesday night or anytime you want....but I think reservations should be made immediately upon boarding. Let me know what night...I will make reservations for 4 in case you meet someone special and want him along...and I can grab someone poor innnocent person to fill the table.

either way I want to try this dinning option....more than once if its good. If the staff is gorgeous,,,,maybe three times.

First dibbs on balding or shaved heads on any bartenders, Maitre"ds, officers, shop managers, deck hands, electricians, painters, dancers, musicians, and maybe one or two passengers. LOL

Is it time to sail yet? When people meet me and see how reserved I can be...all these posts will be incongruent so to speak.

Welcome Robert - as you can see, it's easy to post multiple times while waiting for the board to catch up :) I don't think there's ever a guarantee of relationships, but for sure there will be at least part time romance available to those who are looking :)

Hobie - I don't have that picture in my computer... only a print out. But may be able to scan it for you (if I can find it, it's easy to do).

Tom - I will send you an email and you can reply :)

SpecialKin - Christopher is absolutely right. The mail back is for shore excursions, special requests etc. You turn in your Bahamas card when you check in.

Another Virgo here...8-24

Tom, Yes, I remember you as the observant learning one!

Matt, Thanks for checking on the picture. I think that I have a copy somewhere (non-digital).

I will be checking my calendar tomorrow when I return to the office. If everything is o.k. then I hope to book the cruise tomorrow. I'll let you all know.

I'm really getting excited about joining you guys for the Caribbean Fantasy!

Glenn

Hi Guys,

A couple of weeks ago I posted that I was looking to take my first cruise of this kind. I was trying to decide this RSVP cruise and the upcoming ATLANTIS Souther Caribbean. I have decided why not do both?! I have booked the ATLANTIS cruise and am now trying to book this RSVP one. I am waiting to hear from my friend who would possibly be going with me, to see if it works with his schedule.

I have a question.

I am wondering if someone could tell me on what deck they hold the big loud dance parties? I would like to book my cabin where I would not hear the noise at night when I am done with the party and want to sleep! I want an upper deck with a balcony and am looking at the RIVERA AND ALOHA DECKS. I assume the LIDO DECK would not be a good choice.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Wanted to say welcome to all the new cruiser's. We are looking forward to meeting all of you! It's great to make new friends and meet new people. As we said before this is our first cruise to, just tried going through all the event's and highlight all the parties we want to go to. Got our costumes for the superheroes party and of course all the red and Leather we're bringing.... ;) Hope we can all get together for drinks and fun while we're all on board and after the cruise!

:D ;) :p

Hey SpecialKin CA I am also thinkin about bringing some vino on board and thought I could have better luck with wine in tetrapak boxes instead of bottles. In Canada there are many good wines from France now available in this format. Not sure about california. Anyways, can't wait for 2 weeks to pass!

Archived