Weather end Feb Panama Canal Cruise

Jarronwood

I have been reading a few threads about the PC and weather and I thought the weather end Feb Miami through the PC to LAX would be sunny and warm. Am I mistaken?

I booked next year PC 17 Feb 14 night Summit thinking that the weather should be sun bathing weather. Please tell me we are not going to encounter rough seas and poor cold weather.

Coming from England then when its usually very cold and was really looking forward to some sunshine.

We did a Canal cruise in February a few years ago. You should have warm weather from Miami, through the Caribbean, probably hot weather in the Canal (it was 95 F when we went through). Coming up the coast of Mexico should be mostly until you approach LA. Temps there in February could be in the 50s-60s F (night-day) but should be a bit better than the UK in Feb.

Whew thanks for that. I was getting a bit worried there cos when we decided to have a holiday hubby said anywhere thats hot and it must be mid Feb/March cos at that time of year after the cold English winter weather we are always so depressed and a holiday in the sun is a wonderful tonic.

On another post somewhere a guy who lives in LA said the weather could be hit and miss in LA. You might get wonderful warm sunny weather but there again you could get cloudy and cold.

But since we are only there one day and night post cruise then I am not too worried.

We are hoping to spend the Saturday once we get off the boat at Universal Studios dropping off our luggage first at the hotel (Sportsmans Lodge probably).

Jarron we also sailed through the canal in Feb. 2004 and it is very warm. In fact as you get more southern like through the canal it can get HOT and HUMID. Once in awhile a rain shower might come through but it sure does not last long. Personally I think Feb. is the best month because of less humidity. We did a full transit in May of this year 2006 and Aruba and the Canal were very, very humid. Enjoy your cruise.

Marilyn

Hi there!

Dont worry- we will be sweating and love every moment of it !!!Sunshine sounds really good right now. I love autumn but would like it even more if summer came after it.

And if a pop up shower arises, we will just sit under our lovely large balconies.

Hows that sound ???

Have you signed up for any tours yet ??

Nadine

We sailed Galaxy 2/3/05 to the PC and the weather was very warm and wonderful. Ports were Cozumel, Costa Maya, partial transit of Canal, Costa Rica, and Montego Bay (changed from Grand Cayman due to weather). We did great excursions in the four other ports and stayed on the ship in Panama, getting sunburned standing at the rail during the return through the Canal. We didn't go all the way through, but weather should be OK on the way to CA. Bring sunscreen! :D

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/03 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/05 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords + 3 days in London

1/07 Mercury Mexican Riviera

Nadine

That sounds wonderful. It was that somewhere on these boards someone said about the weather being horrible and I got a bit worried.

No yet booked any excursions although have contacted the one you are on for whale watching. Hubby wants to do the whale watching by zodiac so I am not sure yet what we will be doing.

Haven't booked any others yet - not sure what we actually want to see. I need to have a look at whats around I think and plan it our - we tend to go off on our own really and take what comes as against book anything. But we def want to get a game of golf in and need to speak with the pro on board to find which would be the best course for us to play on.

Archived