Anyone returning from Zuiderdam 10/28??

Mlascheid

rudydog - I'm glad you didn't run in to some of the kids that we ran into. Maybe it's because they were all in the Neptune Lounge.:D We had 8:30 seating and had a great waiter - our assistant waiter fell short. Getting iced tea did took an act of Congress and getting a refill took a Constitutional Ammendment. So we tried to focus on the ones that were giving us the good service and inquire of them to get what we needed. The comedian was a little funny, but I thought the singers and dancers were excellent (with the exception of the shorter male singer). His pitch was off in both shows. The dancers executed the vast majority of their moves with precision and I thought their performances were definitely above average and superior to RCCL dancers.

In spite of a few things that I had mentioned in previous posts (primarily the kids in the Neptune Lounge), we had a great cruise and I would recommend it to anyone.

Thank you all for posting your reviews and opinions good and bad. It's always nice to hear both. I'm shocked that parents would actually leave their children unattended in the Neptune!:eek: How irresponsible! That's what Club HAL is for. We are the parents of a 7 and 4 year old and would never dream of doing something like that. You surely won't be seeing our 2 children unattended in the Neptune next week....or anywhere else on the ship for that matter. I agree with robsta that there should be a policy regarding access to the Neptune...i.e. no unattended children to be dropped off for the concierge to babysit:eek: Anyway, can't wait to board the ship and enjoy a wonderful week on the Zuiderdam:)

I'm sure you will have a great time. And concerning your children - I say Hooray for you. I trust that your cruise will be filled with parents that have like sentiments.

I hope my comments concerning the kids in the Neptune Lounge didn't give you the wrong idea of the cruise. We actually had a wonderful time except for when we went there. The Concierges were wonderful hosts and you could tell that they were not thrilled with having to round up the kids in the lounge. There were several times that the Concierge had to ask the kids to get out from behind her desk. They were very pesky and had no supervision. She would politely smile at us as she was having to deal with these kids.

Besides that, the cruise was wonderful and I'm sure you will have a great time. As a matter of fact, if I could go again, I would do so in a heart beat. Most any day on a ship is a great day. Have fun.:)

I'm sure you will have a great time. And concerning your children - I say Hooray for you. I trust that your cruise will be filled with parents that have like sentiments.

I hope my comments concerning the kids in the Neptune Lounge didn't give you the wrong idea of the cruise. We actually had a wonderful time except for when we went there. The Concierges were wonderful hosts and you could tell that they were not thrilled with having to round up the kids in the lounge. There were several times that the Concierge had to ask the kids to get out from behind her desk. They were very pesky and had no supervision. She would politely smile at us as she was having to deal with these kids.

Besides that, the cruise was wonderful and I'm sure you will have a great time. As a matter of fact, if I could go again, I would do so in a heart beat. Most any day on a ship is a great day. Have fun.:)

I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time on your cruise... except for when you encountered the unsupervised children in the Neptune. I would not let that ruin my cruise either, but it is just a shame that the parents of these children were that inconsiderate of their fellow passengers.

We have sailed in aft cabins before and love them too. It is so soothing to just listen to the wake and look out to see the path that the ship has taken. We are looking forward to being in a suite again...we usually just take standard balcony cabins...so this will be a real treat. I'm sure that we will have a wonderful time.:) As you stated, a cruise (as with most things in life) is only what you make of it. And we always make sure we have a good time on a cruise. Thank you for your review. We look forward to getting onboard in 4 days!!

I was on this last cruise with children and was actually complemented by passagers dinning around us how good our children behave. This probably made us feel as good as the cruise it self. it is nice to know that we are not wasting out time as parents. Most of the kids around out kids seemed to be well behave in fact most wanted to stay at club hal most of time. If they would have it opend more time most passagers would like it.We payed for late hours because that is where our kids wanted to be. but even with that it wasnt enough for them . basicly 8-10 or 12 ever day.

I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time on your cruise... except for when you encountered the unsupervised children in the Neptune. I would not let that ruin my cruise either, but it is just a shame that the parents of these children were that inconsiderate of their fellow passengers.

We have sailed in aft cabins before and love them too. It is so soothing to just listen to the wake and look out to see the path that the ship has taken. We are looking forward to being in a suite again...we usually just take standard balcony cabins...so this will be a real treat. I'm sure that we will have a wonderful time.:) As you stated, a cruise (as with most things in life) is only what you make of it. And we always make sure we have a good time on a cruise. Thank you for your review. We look forward to getting onboard in 4 days!!

have fun on your cruise!:)

I was on this last cruise with children and was actually complemented by passagers dinning around us how good our children behave. This probably made us feel as good as the cruise it self. it is nice to know that we are not wasting out time as parents. Most of the kids around out kids seemed to be well behave in fact most wanted to stay at club hal most of time. If they would have it opend more time most passagers would like it.We payed for late hours because that is where our kids wanted to be. but even with that it wasnt enough for them . basicly 8-10 or 12 ever day.

We've had similar experiences also. Our children have always been complimented when we were out because they were and are well behaved.

I definitely don't want to make a larger issue of this than what it was. Not every child that we ran into were bad, nor unsupervised. It was just in the particular situation that we mentioned that it was an irritant to us, since we do expect our children to act orderly and we do supervise them closely (as parents should).:)

robsta

I was wondering if any of you recent Zuiderdam cruisers noticed if there was Monday night football on espn anywhere on the ship?

Yes, it was actually broadcast in the stateroom. The sportsbar was also airing it. Much to my surprise, they actually had ESPN (English) being broadcast on the ship (in the stateroom) the majority of the time.

Thanks for all the reviews. We sail our first HA experience in 2 weeks (Thanksgiving) I fear the "children" factor... but we booked our first suite so we can hide out if need be... I am thinking.. some thin filet, rowdy kids and off key singers beat answering 150 emails a day, listening to my boss say my name off key and eating a few lettuce flakes at my desk for lunch.... Cant wait to sail...

Thanks for all the reviews. We sail our first HA experience in 2 weeks (Thanksgiving) I fear the "children" factor... but we booked our first suite so we can hide out if need be... I am thinking.. some thin filet, rowdy kids and off key singers beat answering 150 emails a day, listening to my boss say my name off key and eating a few lettuce flakes at my desk for lunch.... Cant wait to sail...

By the way, your comments really help put things in perspective. Well done.

Archived