Conde Nast

ECCruise

Can you give us the truth about the latest results.

As a cruise line they are actually rated 5th now. The key comments from the reader polls were (i) customer service problems with respect to missed ports and canceled sailings on the M-class ships, (ii) condition of beds, and (iii) the continual downward slide of the food quality. They also reported that Celebrity per diems are also on a downward spiral to record lows which is resulting in less service and maintenance than ever experienced previously. The report will also detail the counter measure cost savings implemented by Celebrity which include reduction in crew, soft good life prior to replacement increased, reduction in food quality, increased liquor prices and bring on board policies, increased tour prices, and a concerted effort to decrease port time/add sea days in order to increase on board revenues. You will see all of this reported in the January issue. It should make for some very interesting reading.

You will see all of this reported in the January issue. It should make for some very interesting reading.

I also saw the advance copy last week. There are some interesting comments about Celebrity - RCI, Princess and Hal. I am sure it will raise some eyebrows around here.

I also saw the advance copy last week. There are some interesting comments about Celebrity - RCI, Princess and Hal. I am sure it will raise some eyebrows around here.

What are these interesting comments? I am curious because the reasons for a rating are more meaningful to me than the overall rating itself. What some reviewers consider a negative might be a positive to me, and visa versa.

Archived