towel question

P&Bcrew

I know this may be a stupid question but we are planning some beach excursions on our own and wonder if it is acceptable to bring towels from the ship to the beach, or should I pack my own beach towels ??:cool:

I know this may be a stupid question but we are planning some beach excursions on our own and wonder if it is acceptable to bring towels from the ship to the beach, or should I pack my own beach towels ??:cool:

Hi,

Not a stupid question at all.

Princess will provide towels in your cabin, this is your cabin steward's responsibility. You bring them on your excursions (even if you are not on the ship's excursions - and also bring them back ;) ). You also bring them with you when you go to the pool. Leave them for your cabin steward to replace each day. They will bring you extras if needed.

It should be pointed out that if one fails to return the towels, a "mysterious" charge will appear on one's onboard account.

I have heard so many posters say this in the past, but lately, there has always been a wet towel bin as you get back onboard. So there is no way they can know who actually brought the towels back. The bin is always located just before you go through the security scanners on the ship and we usually just toss ours into it. It keeps from having to carry them back to our cabin and then finding a place to put them until the room steward comes in to clean up that evening.

So, don't get too excited about the towel thing.

When we did the 15 day Hawaii cruise, my husband and I always took our pool towels. I also know that we weren't the only ones because in Maui when we took the shuttle to Whaler's Shopping Center and Ka'anapali Beach, it was a "sea" of blue and white striped towels on that section of the beach!

Can anyone tell me if we need to bring our Princess beach towels off the ship if we are going to the poos at Margarittaville? Does that pool provide towels?

lumpkin,

I don't know if Margaritaville supplies towels, I would bring mine ashore just in case. Also, as Toto said Princess will have bins inside the gangway when you reboard, you can deposit them there. Even though there are bins poolside onboard I always bring mine back to my cabin. It's just a nice reminder for the cabin steward - if they've taken some away they know they need to replace them.

Can anyone tell me if we need to bring our Princess beach towels off the ship if we are going to the poos at Margarittaville? Does that pool provide towels?

No, they do not. We did Margaritaville in Grand Turk, Ocho Rios and others. This is a bar/ type of thing, so they don't have them. We brought ours, and agree with those who say, how can they know if you return them or not? Most of the time we put them in the bin as we came back onboard. Other times we left them at the pool, as others do....Bring a beach bag, and plop them in. BTW we loved Margaritaville in Grand Turk...:)

It should be pointed out that if one fails to return the towels, a "mysterious" charge will appear on one's onboard account.

On some cruise lines perhaps, they say they charge on Carnival and Celebrity, I have never tested those lines statement that they charge, but on Princess I have never seen anything from them saying they charge and I have not heard of them charging.

I agree with those who say that there is no way for them to track the towels on Princess. I would be amazed to hear that someone had been charged for not returning their's to their cabin. I think they prefer to have wet, sandy towels returned to a laundry bin as you re-enter the ship, as opposed to being carried, dropping sand, back to the cabins.

I have to qualify on Celebrity...they have 2 kinds of towels; pool towels provided in stacks by each pool, and really fancy, big, thick "beach" towels, delivered one per passenger to the cabins. We are always afraid to take those fancy towels off the ship. I would not be surprised if they did charge somehow for those if not returned...they have to be $30 towels.

Archived