Costa Magica Suite Perks

snipboy

Wifey and I are taking the Magica in November and scored one of the Suites. We understand that room service and laundry service are complimentary in the suites. How does it work exactly? Specifically:

1. Are menus provided for the meals?

2. Can you select from meals serviced in the main dinning room and the buffet?

3. Lets say you want "more". Will the butler get you "more"?

4. Is drink service part of the butler service? I know not included, but can I have a glass of Grand Marnier delivered to my room?

5. How do you order your food?

6. Is there a time limit for ordering food during the day?

7. Are you limited by what you can have laundered?

8. Is there a limit on dry cleaning?

9. Have any of you used the butler for unpacking and packing? How as this experience?

10. Does the suite include tuxedo rental?

Thanks for your answers!!!

snip

Wow, I sure hope the answers to your questions are all "Yes." We, too, are in a suite, on the 2/4/07 Magica sailing, but I'd be surprised if all that is included. We were in Penthouse suite on NCL Sun, and while the perks were great, as was the space, it didn't come close to what you're asking about. The butler was willing to unpack/pack for us, but we had to be present while he did, so where's the value? I wanted to go out and party the last night, and come back to "gone" bags. No such luck. I do hope you'll post on your return, as I'm wicked curious.

We are also on the Feb., 4th sailing. We will be in one of the Grand Suites on deck 7. This is our first Costa cruise. Our "suite" experience has been on NCL Star and POA. Both were wonderful and worth the extra $$. (NCL offers great last minute suite upgrades.) The butler brought us a menu from the restaraunt every day. We also requested a few things that wern't on the menu and that was never a problem. You could also order drinks, wine, etc., but you pay whatever you would pay at the bars. We unpacked and packed ourselves. (I would rather do it myself.)I'm not sure about the tuxedo! I know my husband will be hoping it's NOT included!Also, a nice perk is VIP boarding and disembarking, no waiting in lines. Can't wait for Feb. 4th!!

Thanks for the replies! I am actually very interested in the unpacking/packing service. I will unpack the electronics and store them safely away, but the rest of it I have no qualms with someone else doing, if they are so willing.

A key question for me is regarding laundry. I'd like to pack less and do wash everyday. If it's free, I'd definitely do it.

Don (and?) Colleen,

We, too, enjoyed all the perks attendent to having the NCL Sun suite, and the no-line embarkation and first-off disembarkation was definitely wonderful.

Every day there appeared in the suite some assortment of hors d'oeuvres and/or desserts. (We had to hide the bananas so they'd actually get ripe enough to eat, as all fruit but apples and oranges were replaced daily.) We ordered rarely, but there was never a problem to get whatever we wanted, whether on the room service menu or not. As for drink, we actually had too much to use. It seemed as though we were gifted every day with wine or champagne, possibly because we were celebating our 35th wedding anniversay. We took two bottles off the ship with us.

We also received a selection of CDs to use on our in-suite player; We could choose from a massive list, but we preferred to chose genres and let the concierge chose the actual CDs, and he did a great job. In suite movies were available the same way.

DH Harry will bring his own tuxedo, as we enjoying dressing up, but will likely take advantage of the laundry so as not to need to pack two shirts. NCL's dry-cleaning service was extremely reasonable, especially for silk items, and they offered a Thursday $4.00 bargain on a full bag of washing, which we managed to well-stuff, and which was returned ready-to-pack Saturday evening. We did a week in Florida after the cruise, so it was nice not to have to immediately hit a laundromat,

I don't know if Costa offers a CruiseCritic Meet and Greet, but we could begin our own. There may not be gifts, but maybe we'll meet up with some folks who'd share tours and fun. Anxious to hear from Snip when he returns, and looking forward to meeting you.

Charlene

• When you book a suite, you get VIP check-in, fresh fruit daily,, full course meals in your suite, bathrobe & slippers, evening for 2 @ specialty restaurant, VIP disembarkation, preferred traditional restaurant seating.
  • With a Panorama suite, you also get the services of a butler. Upon arrival, there is a bottle of champagne and hors d’oeuvres in the room.

• 1 month later...

We are on the Fortuna in April in a suite. Please, since you have returned, would you answer some questions. How long does it take to get off the ship? I know we get off first. How do you tip the butler? He does your laundry??? Please advise me asap. I might have to change my plane reserva. and I want to do it before we leave. Arlene littlear@hotmail.com

We are on the Fortuna in April in a suite. Please, since you have returned, would you answer some questions. How long does it take to get off the ship? I know we get off first. How do you tip the butler? He does your laundry??? Please advise me asap. I might have to change my plane reserva. and I want to do it before we leave. Arlene littlear@hotmail.com

Here are your perks!

Getting Off The Ship: You are in the second group to get off. Those with early flights are first. They put you away from the rest of the cruisers, and you get a continental breakfast to enjoy while you wait.

Tipping the Butler: This is not included in the standard gratuity. Tip as appropriate.

Laundry: The butler will do your laundry, but you still have to pay for it as everyone else.

Dorelan Pillow Menu: 7 luxurious pillows to choose from.

Dining: You receive a standard breakfast menu, and then new lunch and dinner menus daily. You also have a 24 HR menu that can be ordered when breakfast, lunch and dinner are not available. It is limited.

Bathroom: Dual sinks, whirlpool. Specialty Linea Mediterannea bathsalts, soaps and gels. Fresh robe every day. Costa logo'd slippers you get to keep (though I don't know why you'd want to).

Room: Slightly larger. Dressing room and additional closet is located adjacent to bathroom. Slightly larger couch, slightly larger desk area.

Balcony: Longer balcony, but not as deep (Magica).

Embarkation: Special line--tell them you are in a Suite.

2 Special Events: Two special cocktail parties with the captain of the ship. At the evening event you will receive a free photo with the captain.

Specialty Dinner for Free: Club Vicenzo on Magica.

Archived