Hertz Rent A Car Not Reopened?

Marlissa

We have a rental w/Hertz for 11/18 pickup and 11/19 drop off. The drop off is to be at Hertz's branch at New Orleans Downtown HLE 901 Convention Center Blvd.

Went online to Hertz' site to confirm reservation and there is a message that the location is not reopened. The CSA said her system states March 07 as the reopen date. UGGGG. BTW, I haven't received any type of notification from Hertz that I can't return the car to that location (reservations were made in May).

Does anybody know of any other car rental that has a drop off area close to the port?

Streetcars are running along the Riverfront and Canal Street. Most turn at Canal Street, I believe. If you see a blue one, it should go at least to Poydras (Hilton), maybe beyond.

http://www.norta.com/index.php

Hertz does have a location at Lowes Hotel, but it isn't open on Sundays and no after-hours drop. For those with Hertz, you can check with them about maybe dropping off at Lowes, if not on a Sunday.

Streetcars are running along the Riverfront and Canal Street. Most turn at Canal Street, I believe. If you see a blue one, it should go at least to Poydras (Hilton), maybe beyond.

http://www.norta.com/index.php

Hertz does have a location at Lowes Hotel, but it isn't open on Sundays and no after-hours drop. For those with Hertz, you can check with them about maybe dropping off at Lowes, if not on a Sunday.

Is the Lowe's Hotel Hertz location walking distance from the Erato street terminal?

I just spoke w/the Lowe's Hertz location. CSA said they are about 2.5 blocks from the port. But, they will not take an after-hour drop off.

After more research, I found that Budget has a location at 1317 Canal St. They are open on Sundays from 8-1 pm. CSA I talked with said they have a Sunday shuttle to the port, with the last one leaving approx. noon.

• 1 month later...
I can believe they are 2.5 blocks from the river - think it might be more like 8 +/- to the cruise ship.

We are checking into one-way rentals for our January cruise, and I'm a bit nervous about getting off of our ship on a Sunday and then finding a rental place that is open.

It is awfully expensive to rent for the five nights week and then park it, too, but at least I would know that a vehicle would be there waiting for us.

We ended up renting from Avis and decided it was better for us to return it to the airport (thus, we could enjoy NO before we boarded the ship). According to Avis' website, the following location is open on Sundays.

Avis - Downtown - MS1

2024 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70112 , U S A

(1) 504-523-4318

Sun 08:00AM-01:00PM;

The 1 pm close time was too early for our drop off time, but wouldn't that be late enough for a pick-up time (or are you wanting two one-way rentals. One for the drive to NO (before the cruise) and one for the drive home (after the cruise).

Renting from the airport location wasn't too bad. On Sunday, DH dropped everyone off at the cruise terminal. We waited for him to return the car and take a cab back to the terminal. Cost was about $30 for the cab and we waited for a little more than a hour. Part of our group went ahead to the ship (they had seperate bookings, rooms, etc) and we met up later. Not sure if the three of us, as an incomplete party, could have boarded w/o DH. We didn't try. I did manage to use the 'bidding' website and the rental was only $35 (about $50 cheaper than booking with the agency).

Archived