3 Ship Ranking

RetiredRich

We just got back from our third cruise on the Sun out of New Orleans and will give a ranking of the 3 ships we have been on. Hope the info will be helpful to someone in making a decision. We are retired grandparents and love the Norwegian Freestyle. We don't like a structured anything and don't like to play dress up. I won't rank the food as there was pleanty on all ships for every taste. I gained 10 pounds this time!!! Our other cruises were the Spirit out of Seattle and the Majesty out of Charleston.

Embarkation...Ranking is Sun then Spirit then Majesty. We drove to all 3 places. In New Orleans you just pop off the freeway and in a few blocks you are at the terminal. In Seattle and Charleston there is lots of city traffic and possible wrong turns which we always seem to make. Leaving on a sunday was a big help also. We were processed and on the ship in no time.

Entertainment....Ranking is Majesty then Spirit then Sun. If you happen to get on a ship with Doctor Trance his show is a must. He uses passengers that are hypnotised and puts on a very funny show. The bands are about the same. They all use modern musical instruments that make them sound like a full orchestra. The shows were also very similar but we felt the Majesty was the best. We like to play slots but the slots on all ships were VERY tight. The players cards help getting at least a little bit back.

Crews....Very hard to put a ranking here. The crews on all the ships were very courtious and helpful. I can't say any were rude. But me being a bit hard of hearing and their Latin accent made it hard to comminucate.

Overall....Ranking is Spirit then Sun then Majesty. Maybe because it was our first cruise but the Spirit stands out as best overall. The Spirit and the Sun are about the same size but the Spirit seems to be easier to get around. It is a very beautiful ship inside. We found it hard to get around in the Sun. The Majesty is smaller but well kept and still very nice.

Hope this info helps someone and offends no one. We are now looking into the Jewell out of Miami next April and welcome any info on that ship.

Archived