Lunch in the dining room to-go?

Garv816

no real reason, just wondering. Maybe at some point feel like veggin' out and the menu has more to offer than just the room service. :rolleyes:

Just making sure that your reason wasn't because you thought you had to "dress" to eat there. :) I didn't really know before that dress was casual for breakfast and lunch so I missed out. I am going to make it a point to eat lunch there at least once during this next cruise. I have heard a lot about the ribs. ;) I think I will have to try them. :D

I was wondering about this too. I am disabled with neuropathy of all 4 limbs. I use a wc for long distance or unsafe areas (wobbly ship is one lol ) but many days I have "bad" days that I am lucky I can stumble to the bathroom and back to bed. They are like days of total exhaustion. A take out that my hubby could bring back would be nice but I was fine with him bring back from buffet a plate of fruit (my personal favorite anytime). I just think other disabled ppl have days like this so this option would be nice but bet it would be a real mess for the dining crew.

I was going to ask that ? about having to dress for lunch, but I thought people would think it was a bad question. I've heard about the ribs too, my favorite!!

Dress code for Breakfast and lunch: No swimsuits or coverups. That's it.

I was wondering about this too. I am disabled with neuropathy of all 4 limbs. I use a wc for long distance or unsafe areas (wobbly ship is one lol ) but many days I have "bad" days that I am lucky I can stumble to the bathroom and back to bed. They are like days of total exhaustion. A take out that my hubby could bring back would be nice but I was fine with him bring back from buffet a plate of fruit (my personal favorite anytime). I just think other disabled ppl have days like this so this option would be nice but bet it would be a real mess for the dining crew.

My husband was battling melanoma on a few of our cruises and on all of them the waiters were always really nice about offering to send a tray to the cabin if he wasn't feeling up to getting to the dining room. This was on Princess and Royal Carib and I don't think it was a policy, but they always offered. I think as long as there's a good reason, they are happy to try to accomodate.

Best,

Mia

They are really not equipped in the dining room for carry-out. If they allowed it, I am sure tons of passengers would be streaming in and out of the dining room like it was a drive-thru. Not a good idea.

For someone who is disabled and has a real concern, I think a descreet conversation with the Matire D' at the beginning of your cruise would be the best course.

Some good ideas that I will certainly keep in mind for any "bad" days I have. Usually on my "bad" days, I don't have appetite anyway due to increased pain usually makes me nauseated but occ I don't have the nausea. Hopefully I won't have any bad days this January but always good to know there are options :). Big hugs to all who offered their valuable advice. Very kind of you to take the time to reply as it does help me a great deal :)

My mom is disabled too and she also has bad days sometimes. The waiter at supper would notice if she wasn't at supper and ask if there was something she would enjoy. He would then put it on a plate with a cover and have it ready when I left. They were very nice. I think this was the exception not the rule. I agree that they would not like anyone that didn't really NEED it to be to go.

I had tried to take my dinner back to my room with me one night because I just wasn't feeling well, but I wasn't allowed to bring my dinner with me. The waiter told me it's because alot of people leave the food sitting out too long and then they eat it and end up getting food poisoning....and I had ordered salmon, so he was probably especially concerned with that.

I like having food available in my room, though....so I picked up some fruit and cereal and milk from the Lido deck. I also kept a few muffins in the morning to bring to my room. :)

Archived