Jewel of the Seas Cabin Dilemma - Bump out or not

LisaH

Hi all...we are booked in 2008 on JOS in cabin 9040. I am contemplating trying to get one of the following cabins on the bump out.

9576, 9578, 80, 82, 84, 86 or 88. This will be our first cruise on RCCL. I am wondering about possible noise levels from the library or foot traffic. Does everyone have to go right by these cabins to get to the elevators? What about what appears to be a door to the library right across from 9578? Obviously the noise from the library wouldn't be a bother but figured I would be safe and ask these questions.

These cabins seem to have slightly bigger balconies. Worst case I stay in the "safe" normal cabin 9040 - hahaha.

Thanks in advance - thoughts??

Appreciate any info.

Thanks CB at SEA...I am emailing my TA and asking which, if any of those mentioned are available. I thought it was nothing to worry about. It seems as if there is a curved wall in front of those cabins as well - I assume that is the elevator area that has a wall separating it...

hump is the best area--try not to get the cabin next to the hallway where they park the cart--that was annoying!

HCAT, I assume you mean the housekeeping cart? And it appears as if 9576 has a little hallway next to it, is that the one you are referring to?

Thanks!

Well we went ahead and changed to 9576. I am thrilled about this location but am very curious to know what that little hallway is next to the cabin, or what appears to be a hallway. Has anyone had this cabin? I am just a really light sleeper but then if it is for housekeeping they are not usually around during the night so we should be ok.

Thoughts and thanks for info received, past, present and future!

GO COWBOYS!

I Just read up on them today for a question asked of the sister ship the Brilliance.

Here is what I wrote to them.

I read a lot about those cabins on here before and after I sailed the Brilliance. The people always raved about them and said they liked them better than the other hump cabins because of the larger balconies..

This would be the same cabin location you are asking about, only on the Brilliance deck 8.. ;)

EDIT:

This is what kitty1 had to say about the same type of cabin and location on a sister ship.

We just got off the Serenade and had 8088. We loved it so much we booked it for our next cruise on the Radiance.

8088 has the largest balcony on the hump. It is at least 3+ times larger than the regular balconies. No noise on the left because there is no one on that side. You do hear the music from the centrum though until 1am. We didn't mind because we don't go to bed that early. It's a great room. The balcony is almost as big as the room itself. It had lounge chair, 2 regular chairs and a small table. Easily enough room for another ,lounge chair. The balcony is completely covered on top and the left side. You will not get wet at all when it rains even if it's driving rain.

You will not be disappointed with this room. It also has the 3rd pulldown bed if you need it, but we didn't so it was up. That was located directly over the main bed, but was in the ceiling so it's not an issue.

You have complete privacy on the balcony in this room. The lifeboats are underneath you. and the elevator is on the left of you, but there is a solid metal wall between you and the elevator.

Go to SEARCH, type in Brilliance 8088 8086 , click on Royal Caribbean for the cruise line, click threads and up will come a page of peoples postings who have stayed in those cabin locations.

All good things were said about them. ;)

Go to SEARCH, type in Brilliance 8088 8086 , click on Royal Caribbean for the cruise line, click threads and up will come a page of peoples postings who have stayed in those cabin locations.

All good things were said about them. ;)

Alexis, thanks for this - it gave me a little more info when I searched for Jewel of the Seas 9576. A couple of posters mentioned that we might hear a little music from the Centrum but the good news is that this cabin is just at the beginning of the bump out so it is not right in the center of the bump so maybe less centrum noise.

I am excited about having a bigger balcony.

By the way, are balconies covered on this ship? Still want to know what the little mystery hallway is next to this cabin.

THANKS ALL!

Archived