how to do Disney before and after Cruise

tracyvansmith

Our flight gets in at 11am on dec. 9 at LAX and I was wondering what is the best way to get to Disneyland area for 2 adults? What is the cheapest hotel near disney with in walking distance? What is the best way to get to Long Beach cruise area and how long will it take on Dec. 10 want to get there about 10 or 10:30am? Then what time to leave Disney area to be at LAX on Dec. 19 for a 11am flight to Canada?

Our flight gets in at 11am on dec. 9 at LAX and I was wondering what is the best way to get to Disneyland area for 2 adults? What is the cheapest hotel near disney with in walking distance? What is the best way to get to Long Beach cruise area and how long will it take on Dec. 10 want to get there about 10 or 10:30am? Then what time to leave Disney area to be at LAX on Dec. 19 for a 11am flight to Canada?

LAX to Disneyland. Rent a car and drive. Just south of the airport is the 105 (Glenn Anderson) Freeway. Take it east to the 5 (Santa Ana) Freeway. Go south on the 5 freeway. You will pass the 91 (Riverside) Freeway. Continue south about 5 - 6 miles until you see the exit for Disneyland.

All the hotels within walking distance of Disneyland charge more, because they are in a prime area (you will not be the only one from out of town going to Disneyland). The best thing to do is check on any one of several travel / hotel sites and check for yourself.

To get to Long Beach take the 5 (Santa Ana) Freeway north to the 91 (Riverside) Freeway. Take the 91 freeway west to the 710 (Long Beach) Freeway. Take the 710 freeway south to the Queen Mary exit. You will find the Carnival Pride docked next to the Queen Mary (see photo below). If you allow one hour for travel you should be fine (unless there is a major accident on the freeway).

Flying home on Dec 19. Now you are facing MAJOR rush hour traffic. If you have to be at the airport at 11am, leave at 8:30 - 9am. If your plane leaves at 11am, you need to leave Disneyland at 6:30 - 7:00am.

If you do rent a car, allow extra time to pick up and drop off the rental car.

LongBeach.jpg

The Pride docks where the Paradise docks.

LongBeachaerial.jpg

I hope this is not the plane you will be flying on ...

Oops.jpg

We will be needing a shuttle or a taxi as we are on holidays and do not want the hassle of driving in a big city. :eek: Thank you for the photos as it gives me an idea of the walking distance from the Queen Mary to Carnival ship. I am hoping on doing the early check in.

We will be needing a shuttle or a taxi as we are on holidays and do not want the hassle of driving in a big city. :eek: Thank you for the photos as it gives me an idea of the walking distance from the Queen Mary to Carnival ship. I am hoping on doing the early check in.

For a taxi allow the same amount of time as I suggested (they know the area and will do better then you could on your own). However, a taxi is going to be expensive.

You can take a shuttle, but now timing is a bigger problem. The local shuttles are Super Shuttle, Prime Time & Xpress Shuttle.

We pricelined a hotel and got the Doubletree for 50 bucks Dec. 23-27. While it is not within walking distance, it does provide a shuttle to Disneyland. And, it is only about five minutes away. We have done many hotels that are farther away and a little cheaper, but they all have free shuttles!

I haven't stayed at any of the hotels near Disney as I live so close...but I have read and heard all good reviews on the Howard Johnson. It is right next to the park, no need for a shuttle. It should be pretty cheap. I believe you can get a discount if you say you're a member of LaughingPlace.com (wonderful Disney site with tons of info). I have also read good reviews about Candy Cane Inn, also within walking distance. There are also the Disney hotels, but may be a bit expensive in December...Paradise Pier is the cheapest.

We always stay at the desert inn and suites across the street. You can't get any closer and its $59 a night if you book through their website. This is an amazing map I love to use http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

Click on desert inn from there and it will take you to their website.

As for getting from the aiport, if you dont want to drive, there are lots of shuttles. Primetime and Supershuttle are 2 decent ones. Its about $15 per person.

We like the Best Western Park Place which is also directly across the street, actually closer than the Disneyland Hotel. Great after a long day at the park. We once stayed where you needed to take a shuttle and didn't like having to wait for the shuttle with everyone at the end of the day. We just wanted to get back to our room. Have a great time!

We have stayed at the Carousel Inn, which I think was in between the Dessert Inn and the Best Western, and it was fine. No frills, but rooms were clean and was around $50. If you want something nicer, the Embassy suites has a pretty good online deal, and you can get the resort shuttle right out front.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would bump this up in case somebody has more information for me.

We will be on the Diamond Princess departing Saturday, March 10. We are hoping to drive over to LA on Thursday night and do Disneyland all day Friday before heading to the ship. We will need hotel for 2 nights but are hoping to do it at a reasonable rate. We have our two kids and their friends (all 20 somethings) in one room and my husband and I in another. We would like to stay within walking distance but would consider something with a shuttle. Hoping to have a breakfast included too, but really just want a clean hotel with decent beds.

Any other great suggestions out there? And how long will it take us to drive to port on a Saturday morning?

Thanks!

We always stay at Desert Inn and Suites also. Just across the street. We usually get the large suite which has 4 queen beds, 2 microwaves and fridges, 2 bathrooms. Not fancy but we like it. They have a roof where you can watch the fireworks.

Archived