Safes in staterooms

Wirral

Just a quick note to thank all those cruise critics who suggested using your seapass card to activate the safes. They worked perfectly. Why do they not suggested this can be used? It would be helpful to all as I am sure no one wants to have a credit card lying around.

Anyway a big thanks to the folks who suggested it on this board.

We were on a ship on a different cruise line with this type of safe, and I thought it was a nuisance compared to using the touchpad safes.

What have others done with the extra card when they leave the room, do you take it with you? hide it in your room somewhere? Does anyone feel there are advantages to this type of lock that I might have overlooked?

Maddle

I have never seen the type of safe you mention. Which ships did you see this on? Mariner, Explorer, Freedom, etc. all have a touch pad safe with self generated codes

Grandeur in 2005 had the creidt card swipe type, but last October the Empress had the touch pad where you enter your own code in. Definitely liked the touch type much better!

Archived