Amerisuites Fort Lauderdale

bruexx

This is just an FYI, we stayed there pre cruise and boarding the shuttles for the port was a pain in the neck, I would get a cab for $10 w/tip.

The hotel was booked with all cruises and they did not have enough shuttle vans. Nice hotel near everything and people and rooms where very nice.

This is just an FYI, we stayed there pre cruise and boarding the shuttles for the port was a pain in the neck, I would get a cab for $10 w/tip.

The hotel was booked with all cruises and they did not have enough shuttle vans. Nice hotel near everything and people and rooms where very nice.

We stayed there precruise and we were the only ones to use the shuttle in the morning.

Maggie

We have booked 2 rooms precruise thru Valuetrips at Amerisuites on 17th in Fort Lauderdale,has anyone ever had a problem when they have come to check in at the hotel with Valuetrip reservations?? Thanks

We have used valuetrips.com for the Amerisuites on17th 3 times now---never have had a problem.

The rooms are nice and big, free shutlle to pier and free breakfast.

Just put in another request for 3/15/07 last Friday- I should hear back from them today.

Also you can canx with no penality with 48 hrs notice. Valuetrips sends you a confirmation and if you need to canx, you do it with the hotel directly.

Thanks for all the replies,just abit concerned as we are arriving late + don't want to have to be searching for another hotel room at 11pm at nite. We advised of late arrival,so hopefully everything will be ok?

I'd be concerned because we have had a booking for 11/10 with them thru Value-Trips on June 18 and today, 11/6 they tell us they have no record of the booking nor will they honor the confirmed reservation # we received back from Value-Trip at the time of reservation.

Hi Cruise2end,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Amerisuites. Do you still have a printout or email of your confirmation from valuetrips? If so, you should be able to resolve it by forwarding your email confirmation to them. I would also get Valuetrips involved.

We had a reservation for the same date, but two nights 11/9 and 11/10. We recently cancelled, and they gave me a cancellation number to confirm that we cancelled, so they must have had a reservation for us.

FYI, I was able to get the Renaissance on Priceline for $90/night for your same day, so maybe you can get in on that deal if needed.

Yes I dd fax a copy of the confirmation recd from ValueTrips to the AmeriSuites customer service center and they are still trying to figure it all out. It's bad enough to find out several days beforehand, but what about people that just show up that evening expecting a room.... scary!!

Thanks for the info on Renaissance/ Price Line - If I can't get this resolved in the next 24 hours I'll be trying other means.

Hopefully my fear of no resevation has been allayed, as I just got a confirmation of our reservations from Amerisuites ,directly.Hopefully you will get things worked out as well.Thanks agina for all the comments.

Well after many hours with customer service and faxing our confirmation we finally got the matter resolved and supposedly we have a room - let's keep our fingers crossed. Unfortunately hotel had the same number with an entirely different name.

So after speaking to AmeriSuites customer service center and the manager at the Ft. Lauderdale hotel (which we received a new confirmation # for our reservation on 11/11 and assured them we wanted to cancel 11/25, today we get an e-mail from Value-Trips saying they've fixed it all and the original reservation #'s are still good for both dates ??? Figure I'll fax that to the AmeriSuites customer service again so they know ValueTrips is messed up - I think if I was AmeriSuites or Hyatt (that bought the properties). Although it's a great deal monetarily for us customers, I'd let my contract with ValueTrips go bye-bye - this stuff can't be good for business!

I'd still recommend that those who have booked under Value-Trips call the 17th Street AmeriSuites and confirm that reservation before their booked date.

Good advise on calling ahead to make sure reservations are made. We have booked through Value trips without incident but ran into a similiar situation in Vagas recently with another online booking agency. After spending a couple of anxious hours in the lobby, we got one of the last rooms during a very busy convention. From now on, we call ahead and make sure all the reservations are still in good order.

Has anyone stayed at AmeriSuites lately? We are staying there in Dec and just want to make sure it is still clean and reliable for our pre and post cruise stay. We especially like the free transportation but will likely get a cab to the port. The shuttles are so crowded and it is just chaos in the lobby going to the port. The extra $10 for a cab is well worth it.

Hi All.

I'm reporting in as promised. We stayed at the Amerisuites in Fort Lauderdale on 11/4 (1 night before our 11/5 CB Princess cruise). I was a little nervous because of the bad reviews I had read, but because we were a group of 21 (8 rooms I think), I didn't try to rebook and went with it.

I'm happy to report that the rooms (in my opinion and my family I agreed I think) were just fine. Shuttle picked us up at the airport within 15 minutes of calling. Hotel is convenient to Publix and Liquor store. Plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from. Signed up for the first shuttle to the port (11am) which fit 21 people (and their luggage). Had us to the port by 11:15am I believe.

Rooms were very large, nice & clean. Refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker is our room. Only problem I had was that the window didn't open (I think it does I just couldn't do it...too weak I guess).

Breakfast in the morning was just enough.

All this for $79 + tax (I think it came to $87). Great deal, but again, just my opinion. We're pretty low maintenance. We would definitely stay here again if given the chance.

Lynn

Cruise2end:-

I stayed at Amerisuites in July and received my confirmation from Valutrips OK- just to be sure I called

the 1-800 Amerisuites number to cross-check and they told me to call the hotel direct as they no longer handled the reservations for that hotel. I did that and all was confirmed.

So maybe that's where the problem is- when you called the Reservations system # they should have told you that.

I had no problem with the hotel,it was fine, great value. I would stay there again.:)

Cruzzers- we didn't have any wait for the shuttle,and this was at the end of July- we just came down when we were ready,stood outside the front door and got on the first mini-bus that came. I think they had two running that day....Ten minutes later we were at the port.

Just got back from 11-12 cruise. Stayed 11-11 at hotel. the rooms were clean, but the furniture in our room was a little worn looking. I believe the hotel is going to be completely remodeled soon so I understand why furniture has not been updated. But again let me stress there were no bugs in the room, nor was the room dirty.

I called Amerisuites and verified reservations so we had no problems checking in. The shuttle bus arrived within 10 minutes after we called. Breakfast was good. It included scrambled eggs,cereal,assorted breads. We signed up for shuttle to port at check-in. We left hotel around 11 and arrived at port about 11:20. The hotel is within walking distance of restaurants, a Publix grocery and a liqour store. Staff were courteous and prompt. I was skeptical about staying there after reading some of the reviews. I don't know what other people were complaining about. It is not a luxury hotel, rather it is on the order of a Holiday Inn. I will not hesitate to book Amerisuites again as we had a good experience.

Archived