Just off CB 10/29 - 11/05

sopo1953

Regarding your stay at Gaylord Palms, the hotel itself is sort of an attraction of it's own!! You are also close to a dinner show called Arabian Nights, which is pretty good and is located near the hotel but on 192. You might enjoy that and it doesn't last more than an hour or two. As far as traffic is concerned, traffic is usually light going to FLL on a Sunday. The drive from Kissimmee takes 3 and a half hours on the Florida Turnpike. To get to the pier, if you are travelling the Tpke., get off at Commercial Blvd. in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea and make a right on Rte. 1. Take Rte. 1 until you go over the 17th St. bridge and make a left into the Port. They will direct you to the parking garage from there. It's really easy to find! As far as dinner in Kissimmee is concerned, you'd be best to go over to US 192 where you will find many chain restaurants like TGIF's, Roadhouse Grill, Macaroni Grill, Chili's, and Olive Garden. If you have anything else I can help you with, don't be shy...ask away!

PrincessCruisesLover,

Expect some moderate traffic going to the game in St. Pete on a Saturday night! Tampa/St. Pete games are usually well-attended, so as you get closer to the area you will probably encounter heavier traffic. Leave plenty of time, just in case. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

On most cruises you can go to the pursers desk sometime after you embark and they will have a book with all the dining room menus for the entire week. Take a look at that and you can set your schedule accordingly. It is a great help in deciding what day you might want to skip the dining room and eat at the buffet or specialty restaurant. ;)

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. Would you mind if I added it to my website?

Any chance you could e-mail me the Patters to add to my website?

Lots of people looking for recent Patters since the ship started sailing on Sundays.:)

Bill

This is a fantastic website. We found a lot of helpful information when planning our trip last spring!

the frozen drinks sound great. we're sailing 11/19. what kind of blender did you bring? did you bring any ingredients from home? what did you use from the ship to make the drinks?

would you recommend bringing the juicer? do they serve whole or cut up oranges on the ship? thanks

Mek, here is a list that I found on a review from member Jstringers about a month ago...........Enjoy your cruise!:)

MUTS in order as listed on the Patter

Elton John in Concert

Bob Marley in Concert

Beyonce in Concert

Over the Hedge

Fun with Dick and Jane

Hitch

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Just like Heaven

Brothers Grimm

Grease

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Failure to Launch

Monsters Inc

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Monday Night Football

The Da Vinci Code

Miss Congeniality

Wedding Date

The Interpeter

Bewitched

Tom Jones in Concert

Cars

E.T.

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Wallace & Grommit

Shrek

In Good Company

Spiderman

Elton John "Live"

The Break Up

Scary Movie 4

The Incredibles

Shall We Dance

Flight Plan

Ice Age

Jurassic Park

A Prairie Home Companion

Herbie Fully Loaded

Back to the Future

Finding Neverland

National Treasure

Diana Krall in Concert

The Lake House

Anyone who has Personal Choice Dining and is planning on dining in the Palm Dining room, there is a waiter named Rommel who is, by far the best we have seen and his Assistant, Jun is also fantastic! Service is that dining room and interaction with the passengers has improved over 76% from previous cruises on the CB!!! Ask for that team and I think you will be very pleased.

We are currently looking at another return trip on the CB for Oct. 2007 (that will make the 4th year in a row!). If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try to answer them. Happy Cruising to all.

I agree!! We had 7 in our group, only 5 of us had gotten on traditional seating so we lined up at 1pm at the Wheelhouse bar on the first day so that we could get it changed. They offered us PC dining, I wasn't too thrilled with it, but then remembered people talking about Rommel on the boards and asked for him. The maitre de knew about Cruise Critic and how Rommel had become popular from these boards! So we got to have him all week, HE WAS EVERYTHING everyone said he would be. We had the BEST time and I really ended up liking PC dining.:D

Archived