Strung Out and need help

CruiseHealing

I need help. It has been 7 months since my last cruise. That is a long time. Usually when I get to this strung out state, I would look at old photos and close my eyes to use my mind to get me back mentally on a cruise ship. But now, that does not seem to take off the edge. I am now driving everyone up a wall because all I want to do is talk cruising and how bad I want to go. It doesn’t have to be a long cruise; I just need a quick fix. Here’s the problem, every weekend from now until mid-January is booked with family or work events. I cannot get away. I wish it was a money issue because that would be a good reason that I can’t go, but I have the cash, just not the time. I have a cruise booked in March 07, but thinking of that just increases my impatience and desire. What do I do? I am strung out and need help. What do you do when you are in the condition I am in now? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

In a desperate need of CruiseHealing

I know the feeling. I felt that way when I got back from our last cruise. If it was up to me I would have one booked for the next 10 years. This years vacation was wasted in Orlando at Disney World. My sister and I feel the same way. Although we had a good time we both would have rather been on a ship. I had to stop coming to this site. More I read, the more I wanted to go back. Not to mention I drive for a living and the idle time thinking about cruises can haunt you. Good luck with making it to you next cruise.

I have to butt in becuase i know that i am in the minority when I contradict to mpetry's post but I would take 7 day disney world over a cruise anyday. Thats just me...lol, but yes we just got off our first cruise and I cant wait to book another one.....(not getting the shakes yet tho..lol)

Well we couldn't take it any longer. I have told work they have to get along without me for a week. I uncommited myself on the personal issues and I am going cruising. We booked on the brand new Norwegian Pearl out of Miami on December 18th. It is short 4 day cruise, but I will get my fix. Maybe with a little luck I will miss (well I won't really miss it) the Christmas shopping craziness. Ya know, I think there was a book written about a couple that skipped Christmas and went on a cruise, well almost did. Oh yeah, it was called "Skipping Christmas" Anyway, thanks to all for the encourgement.

Sometimes you have to just stop what you are doing and get a dose of . . .

CruiseHealing

Well we couldn't take it any longer. I have told work they have to get along without me for a week. I uncommited myself on the personal issues and I am going cruising. We booked on the brand new Norwegian Pearl out of Miami on December 18th. It is short 4 day cruise, but I will get my fix. Maybe with a little luck I will miss (well I won't really miss it) the Christmas shopping craziness. Ya know, I think there was a book written about a couple that skipped Christmas and went on a cruise, well almost did. Oh yeah, it was called "Skipping Christmas" Anyway, thanks to all for the encourgement.

Sometimes you have to just stop what you are doing and get a dose of . . .

CruiseHealing

Be careful in skipping xmas they ended up cancelling everything, running around like idiots to catch up and stayed home.

I have sailed that week and the ship was so beautifully decorated and I got ornaments from each port and did a lot of xmas shopping at the ports.

Hey Sue L. I read the book and saw the movie, and the book is more enjoyable. In fact, I think I may read it again starting next week. BTW, a few years ago we had to cancel a Cruise during the Holidays because our son got real sick (104 degree temp.) with the flu the day before we were to sail. Bad luck, but at least we had the insurance and got all of our money back, except the amount of the insurance. So, I know how the Cranks felt when they had to cancel their cruise.

I like you suggestion about getting an ornament from the different ports. We will do that and who knows maybe this becomes a new family holiday tradition.

Without a cruise I could become a Crank, that is why I need . . .

CruiseHealing

Archived